• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tv missile bug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oof7SZmsr9c

Anyone ever seen this one..?

Why I even tried..?
    I am investigating tv missile bugs in an efford to fix them...
    Not surprisingly, DiCE really messed up with their controls.con in combination with multiplayer netcode...

I'll post all my findings and an edited controls.con, with fixes for each type of bug, at a later date...

Re: New tv missile bug

I watched the video and other than the missle fire and flight with no turning, what happened that is bug related?

Comment

It's a tv missile fireing in the MG screen...
      Notice how the rockets are still reloading, it was not a rocket...
      Also notice the minimap reflecting the tv missile fire...
      But there is no tv missile screen...

Comment

Ahhhh, figured it was battlerecorder redone in fraps. Didn't realize it was first person. I have NEVER seen that one before. Mine is the misfires. You are in TV mode and you hear it fire and nuthin. That one kills me. The second worse one is the missle won't fire. The third is due to netcode, the fired missle goes through the targeted vehicle and doesn't hit it.

Comment

Firing to fast for EA's ****ty game to realize that u switched :P. i don't have a clue lol

Comment

Look at the middle stage (that you may have missed, because its so fast):

So obviously the TV is guiding and launching without the Tv Style interface. As DoohDah said "It's a tv missile fireing in the MG screen..." but with no missile Tv Screen.
            Very good find i must say. Keep us posted!

LjAy

Comment

havent had that happen

yet

Comment

It looks like you fired off all the rockets and maybe were still pulling the rocket trigger. Then you hit your macro to switch seats and fire the TV. You switched too fast and the game thought you were in the pilot seat still and TV'd out an unguided rocket. It launches from the rocket rack (starboard side) and has a ballistic tragectory just like a regular rocket.

Sounds like it would be a nice feature (not a bug) to discourage seat switching macros.

Comment

why would you need a seat switching macro? Its one button to switch seats.

Comment

Yeah, not like F2 is too hard to push.

Comment

The macro would probably be, at minimum, four keystrokes/mouse-clicks, not just "F2".

1. F2
                      2. right-click (to get to missle screen)
                      3. left-click (to fire rocket)
                      4. right-click (to exit missle screen) [may not be necessary... I don't know]
                      5. F1 (to switch back before losing control of the chopper)

Comment

It's a 3 step macro. F2, right mouse click, left mouse click. Then you manually guide the TV on to target and push F1 to get back to the pilots seat.

I just realized, its not a macro. He's mapping 3 commands to one key by adjusting the controls.con file. I did something similar for the enemy spotted command so I can spot with one key push.

Comment

Notice that he is still in the gunner position,not pilot one!

Comment

Lol that looks hot.

Comment

All my tests are based upon manually editing the controls.con file and understanding how it works, to both bypass and fix the known issues with that file...

There are no macros involved...

At a later date, I will release the information I have obtained, in a structured, detailed controls.con fix manual...

Comment

Working...
                              X