X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joysticks

Do they honestly make flying better?

For both Jets and Helos?

Just wondering. I wanted to know from those who actually use them.

Thanks

Re: Joysticks

I like a joystick better for flying planes, helicopters... not so much. I know people who can, but I'm actually better at a heli with mouse and keyboard.

Comment

O yes, they do, alot. They take a day or two to get used to them, at first it's impossible, but at the end, it's for it all, many more kills, and make your flying alot better. They can also help you do really nifty moves too.

Comment

Better for some, a nightmare for others. I enjoy the realism (albeit slight) of the joystick.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
          Better for some, a nightmare for others. I enjoy the realism (albeit slight) of the joystick.
          Ditto ^^

Yet one more of these threads. :hmm:

Comment

Im pretty competent at flying helo's but only when using the keyboard. If anyones flown the littlebirds on PRM, you'll know they're pretty tricky to fly but i've never had any problems on the good old KB. Guess all that practice on old spectrum games has helped me here in some way.

As for jets, joysticks are you're only choice IMO.

Comment

I stick to my mouse with helicopters. I'm used to it and it's much easier to control. Jets, yes. Rather then continuously pushing your mouse up, all you have to do is hold back. Makes evasive maneuvers easier(if there was any reason to do them in BF2 anyway). I mean, why not, you can get a decent joystick for like 20 bucks.

Comment

Im getting a joystick cas they rock, watch out tho sometime sppl get pissed off and accuse you of using ur anus to work ur stick

Comment

Overrated. You won't gain skill trough it. The only thing what you will be able to do is make better turns etc. They help more in Dogfighting especially mouse keyboard users since their turns aren't really like.. Consistent.

Although you will already have to be a good pilot with mouse (Flyby view etc.) To make yourself a good Joystick pilot.

But if you use it wisely and to the fullest you will be way better than a mouse keyboard user. Although I know someone who uses mouse and keyboard and downs me pretty easily. It's just the way you use it.

Comment

true, im a good mouse pilot and even thoguh a joystick helps in dogfights it wont compensate for not knowing HOW to dogfight.
                    But they still rock .

Comment

I couldn't fly a jet until I got a joystick. I'm finally starting to get good at flying the attack helicopters with a joystick too. For the transport helo the mouse and keyboard are best. The good thing about helo and joystick is it's easier to stay level and hold a position.

Comment

I use a gamepad that I got from Wal-Mart for 14 bucks.... lol! I love flying jets with it, but not the helis.... the analog sticks on it are way too sensitive for that.

Comment

Planes with joystick and Helo's with keyboard. Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
                          X