X-FI + USB Headphones = Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-FI + USB Headphones = Problem

During the day I use my X-Fi (Connected to speakers) and everything is fine. Later when everyone is in bed I plug in my USB headphones, every other game works apart from BF2, in the options it gives me "AUDIOSETTINGS_" any ideas?

Re: X-FI + USB Headphones = Problem

Take X-Fi offline. It's for sound going through the card. USB isn't going to get you the X-Fi. (I believe at least).

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
      Take X-Fi offline. It's for sound going through the card. USB isn't going to get you the X-Fi. (I believe at least).

Simon
      Hmm I think I get what ya ment.

I have sound settings at default with no EAX, not ultra setting etc. with USB headphones.

I disabled the Soundcard in device manager but BF2 settings are still screwed and screw up if changed causing me to have to restart BF2.

So..... does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

OK I may have been way off. I thought X-Fi was a mode of operations for a Creative Labs card. I didn't mean for you to take the whole card offline, but rather within BF2, set it for normal sound operations as opposed to super. Leave the card on though. (sorry bout that)

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
          OK I may have been way off. I thought X-Fi was a mode of operations for a Creative Labs card. I didn't mean for you to take the whole card offline, but rather within BF2, set it for normal sound operations as opposed to super. Leave the card on though. (sorry bout that)

Simon
          That didn't work either but I managed to fix it:

1) Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<NAME>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default

2) Open the audio CON file in notepad and change provider to "USB Audio" EAX to "0" still have the AUDIOSETTINGS_ in the game menu but it works!

Thanks for replies thou!

Comment

Glad it's working and thanks for putting the answer here for others.

Simon

Comment

Working...
            X