Problem With Some Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Some Maps

I have a problem with most of the maps, it seems that everytime i play a bigger map such as Dalian Plant, Zatar Waters etc after a while my computer freeze's and a blue screen pops up as if something fried in my pc but I restart it and everythings fine. I can play city maps for hours like Sharqi or Karkand and nothing happens but if I play the different ones sometimes I can get through an entire round but in the next one it always does the same.

Is it my graphics card causing it?? I have a Radeon x800xl 256Mb and my graphic settings are set to medium, only resolution is 1280x1024(i tried lower and same thing)

ps patches didnt fix it either

Thx THCViruS69

Re: Problem With Some Maps

Try updating the drivers for the card. Also, try dumping your video cache and seeing if the reoptimizing cleans it up.

Comment

ok, how do i do that?

Comment

For the card, go to http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html or wherever you are comfortable.

For the graphics cache,
        Try cleaning out your shaders and cache, to do this, go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 and delete the shaders,
        next go to C:\Documents and Settings\username*\My Documents\Battlefield 2\LogoCache and delete the cache.
        Try Battlefield 2 again to see if it is better, if not, move your battlefield 2 folder from my documents to your desktop, this put the game onto default settings, as well as cleaning out its cache and shaders again.
        btw, welcome to the forums,

Simon

Comment

thanks man see u on the field if it didnt work ill def post it

Comment

Post either way so others can benefit from the solution.

Comment

Ok so i did what u said and so far so good i played an entire round on Zatar then part on Fushee until my ping got really high and i got kicked so thanks man if anything i'll post it

Comment

Working...
              X