Aimbots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimbots?

Was Playining PRMM last nite on EOJD Desert and set up my usual squad (VOIP only). Was the no vehicles server (forget name).

I noticed 2 of my squad had HUGE scores (60-3 & 40-1).

I know one was using a sniper rifle, not sure of the other.

Both were east asian by their accents and very insulting to other squad members (should ve kicked them from squad but didn't for some reason).

With those scores would you expect an aimbot?

The average score was 18-19 for 7-8. Best score I've seen is way below 60.

Would hate to think this might sneak into PRMM.

On another note I've seen that some servers VOIP doesn't work is there a reason for this or is it just that server?

Re: Aimbots?

i tend to think that cheating is far more noticeable in PRM because you are playing much more cautiously there are times when the only explanation is 'wtf' when you get suddenly spotted and killed .. and worse there's very little you can do about it - a negative consequence of the removal of kill/death messages

Comment

If you're a real FPS pro, played Quake's, UT, CS and other games which are freaking fast, you know what AIM is. It happens so fast even you don't see what happens, nor does the spectator, but the bullet finds it way into enemy's head. Now take PR and how easy all rifles are, I would be surprised if one wouldn't end up with 60-0 score, but that does require camping and tactical waiting, not running and gunning, because then you'd only end up 60-6. Most people aren't that good, especially in PR, because many PR players are just enjoying slow paced gameplay and teamwork and probably tried PR because they can't keep up with vanillas bunnyhopping ultra-fast fragfest. And PR is different, there you can win without gaming mouse and hyper reflexes and aim, but they do help, but not necessarily your team.

Once I joined mid-round, took SVD and went sniping (it was 0.32), ended up 43-0. My team lost because I didn't go cap the flag, but camped and just made their defense stronger.

Sniper rifles are getting an overhaul in 0.5 I think, now they're like AWPs.

Instead of accusing them of cheating learn from them. And I'm rather certain they we're insulting everyone because they we're disappointed at others performance when they gave all they could.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySeven
        If you're a real FPS pro, played Quake's, UT, CS and other games which are freaking fast, you know what AIM is. It happens so fast even you don't see what happens, nor does the spectator, but the bullet finds it way into enemy's head. Now take PR and how easy all rifles are, I would be surprised if one wouldn't end up with 60-0 score, but that does require camping and tactical waiting, not running and gunning, because then you'd only end up 60-6. Most people aren't that good, especially in PR, because many PR players are just enjoying slow paced gameplay and teamwork and probably tried PR because they can't keep up with vanillas bunnyhopping ultra-fast fragfest. And PR is different, there you can win without gaming mouse and hyper reflexes and aim, but they do help, but not necessarily your team.

Once I joined mid-round, took SVD and went sniping (it was 0.32), ended up 43-0. My team lost because I didn't go cap the flag, but camped and just made their defense stronger.

Sniper rifles are getting an overhaul in 0.5 I think, now they're like AWPs.

Instead of accusing them of cheating learn from them. And I'm rather certain they we're insulting everyone because they we're disappointed at others performance when they gave all they could.

I see your point and this may have been the case but the insulting started as soon as he found out where we were from (stopped when we threatened them)

We'd have won the map if they'd have followed the squad orders.

IN BF2 I had no problem holding my own on any map btw.

Comment

Believe me there are cheaters that play PRM, just as there are cheaters playing BF2. ECGN has had a PRM server up just over a month and we have Punkbuster screenshots of atleast 5 players that were hacking, we take from 10 screenshots per round up to about 30 per round, depends how hacker happy the server seems.

Comment

A lot of PR servers are become PB Streaming nowadays to fight off the hackers that have inevitably come across due to better advertising of the Mod. Plus staffed servers watch players for all sorts of reasons and will start to follow 'interesting' players around watching their behaviour, even for simple things like bunnyhopping.

Comment

Anyone who doesn't think that cheaters are present or even prevalent in FPS games are either a fool or deluded. Personally I think the nametag hack is in full play and I have no doubt that I witnessed an aimbot in use on a European server two weeks ago. I'm not advocating putting it back in because it makes the game better, but the lack of kill messages makes it easier for those with extra "help" to hide.

I'm glad that alot of servers are now streaming to PB. I hope those caught via screenshots were reported so we can exile them from PR. This is the best game I've ever played and I'd hate for it to be ruined by cheats like BF2 (not that great to begin with), and CS were.

Comment

actually you know what, I was playing ejod too and i thought something didnt add up, which server were you playing on?

It wouldnt have happened to be about 2-ish days ago depending on the time zone you in?

Comment

Hi Jackall,

I'm based in Western Europe, so would've been the 7th or 8th that it happened.

Was US.........

Comment

whats you profile name?

Comment

colmmlynchplayer

xfires gerardnm

Comment

hmm i dont think you were on the same server as me :hmm: either way at least admins are clamping down

Comment

Working...
                        X