Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Bad Company (PC version)

Battlefield Bad Company (PC version)

Somebody has some news on if finally there is version for PC, had understood that still it was in doubt on this platform.

Greetings TB Comunity

Re: Battlefield Bad Company (PC version)

To my understanding, it is only being developed for the consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
      I cant remember the source, but a PC couterpart will be released in 2008. Maybe under a different name, but no doubt EA and DICE will work something out by that year.

In the past they have released a Battlefield series game every 1.4 years.

Comment

So far, consoles only.

Comment

I should imagine they have some thing up there sleeves

Comment

Leave it on the console then, nobody wants a bad port of a console game on the PC. Like, GRAW, R6 Vegas, name any other Ubisoft game..

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
              Leave it on the console then, nobody wants a bad port of a console game on the PC. Like, GRAW, R6 Vegas, name any other Ubisoft game..
              I'd say consoles have the superior versions of GRAW and Rainbow Six Vegas. You must've not played them if you're so quit to spout such ********.

Enlighten us as to which game Bad Company is going to be a port of.

Comment

Originally posted by downthesun
                I'd say consoles have the superior versions of GRAW and Rainbow Six Vegas. You must've not played them if you're so quit to spout such ********.
                I've played the PC versions and they're not to my liking. They've dumbed them down for the console audience. The original R6 and Ghost Recon titles were much deeper, tactical affairs. Oh, and how can they be superior versions, if they're identical games? They are a port, as you know, viritually no differnces between them. So really, they're equally bad.

Originally posted by Garabaldi
                Go back to your cave Ubi fan boi.

Comment

He said the PORTS of those games suck. (Meaning the PC versions, which do suck.)

Originally posted by Apostle
                  Go back to your cave Ubi fan boi.
                  How the hell does saying, "To my understanding, it is only being developed for the consoles." Make someone an Ubi fan boi?

Comment

[QUOTE=solodude23]He said the PORTS of those games suck. (Meaning the PC versions, which do suck.)[QUOTE]

You may need to check your reading comprehension. He said, "Leave it on the console then, nobody wants a bad port of a console game on the PC." Then went on to say LIKE GRAW, Rainbow Six, etc. He was talking about Bad Company and then listed examples of some bad ports already made.

Comment

Originally posted by solodude23
                      How the hell does saying, "To my understanding, it is only being developed for the consoles." Make someone an Ubi fan boi?
                      It was directed at downthesun not Garabaldi. But nevermind, this threads going way of topic.

It doesn't matter anyway, because there is no official comment on the PC version, so whether it's a port or not, it doesn't officially exist at all.

You may need to check your reading comprehension. He said, "Leave it on the console then, nobody wants a bad port of a console game on the PC." Then went on to say LIKE GRAW, Rainbow Six, etc. He was talking about Bad Company and then listed examples of some bad ports already made.
                      Yes that's right, because in my opinion the PC audience enjoys different types of games. This is basically down to the type of people that play PC's, and how they play them. Consoles may be used for a quick of action, half an hour, an hour session at a time. PC gamers may spend much longer, dedicating hours to a game with depth and a steeper learning curve. These type of games may well work on consoles too, but the publishers order the developers to keep it simpler to please a mass market where less dedicated gamers can still get something out of the game, without having to learn lots of controls and put hours and hours into the game. What is ironic, is that games like R6 and Ghost Recon were much more complicted, deeper games, only to get dumbed down, and then the PC fans, who made the game succesful in the first place, get this same dumbed down version. It may still be fun, but it's not what they wanted. So my point being, if DICE make a console game, that's great. Let's make a seperate one for the PC though. Both systems have their strengths and weakness', so I hope they'd take advantage of both. EA won't let them though of course, and will probably push for a port of the console game, to cheaply get some more copies sold on a different platform without any extra development costs.

Comment

You bring up some good points. The only thing I disagree with is the dumbing down of Rainbow Six Vegas. When you play the game on the Realistic setting it is extremely difficult. The AI reacts perfectly to whatever the player does. They flank, call for back up, talk to one another, use cover very well, they pretty much never miss a shot, and use grenades well. If they throw smoke, they use it to their advantage, same with flashbangs, etc. As for GRAW, your teammate AI is garbage, but the enemies are decent.

Some games are dumbed down, but from what I've seen not to such an extent as most of you would like to think. Trust me, I play many of these games on both PC and consoles. I put many hours into each.

Comment

The original Swedish press release for Bad Company said that they'd be releasing info on the PC and PSP versions at a later date. Subsequent to that, Colin Clarke of DICE stated that it would not be released for the PC.

Comment

This game name rly does sell the authors.

Comment

You bring up some good points. The only thing I disagree with is the dumbing down of Rainbow Six Vegas. When you play the game on the Realistic setting it is extremely difficult. The AI reacts perfectly to whatever the player does. They flank, call for back up, talk to one another, use cover very well, they pretty much never miss a shot, and use grenades well. If they throw smoke, they use it to their advantage, same with flashbangs, etc. As for GRAW, your teammate AI is garbage, but the enemies are decent.

Some games are dumbed down, but from what I've seen not to such an extent as most of you would like to think. Trust me, I play many of these games on both PC and consoles. I put many hours into each.
                              I doub`t he ment how smart the enemy is.

For an example, GRAW`s options to command your team (give different orders etc) SUCK compared to the original Ghost Recon. That one had loads of different command, orders etc that were all very handy in different situations. Removing those alone makes console and the pc port GRAW dumbed down as f*ck- more action, less thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X