Playing bf2 using remote desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing bf2 using remote desktop

I was just thinking, if you really wanted to play bf2 on another computer such as a laptop, couldnt you remotely connect to the computer that runs bf2 and then play on the laptop? I would think that the other computer would still process the graphics and everything etc. But, it would probably be real laggy...

Re: Playing bf2 using remote desktop

Try using remote desktop and use basic functions on that computer, you'll then realize that you would get maybe 1 frame every 20 minutes.

Comment

if you really wanted to play on a laptop that doesnt have a good gpu i think that theres gonna be a cool add on you might like

Comment

The comp that you are on will have to be able to run BF2.

Comment

ok i didnt think it would work lol

Just and idea though

Comment

yea def not a good idea. my borther has a decent computer with a 6600gt and i have my 6800gt on my computer and when i try to watch videos via remote desktop..its like watching a slideshow with audio thats not relaly synced well

Comment

hell, I use remote desktop alot and I cant even watch google or youtube videos because the lag is so bad.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I thought of this too, but it would a) waste all those frames per second and b) pretty much triple your ping and latency and double the problems you're going to face and c) need a ridiculously fast connection to even be feasible.

Comment

I use UltraVNC to watch vids remotely. The hosting computer is on a cable connection (40kB/s upstream). I am able to play BF2 at 3-5 fps, when runnign in 64-color mode @ 800x600. No sound...but the lag is not that bad.

The one thing that sucks is that the mousesensitivity jumps through the roof whne you click the 'Join Game' button. Any ideas why?

Comment

Working...
                  X