BF2:SF trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2:SF trouble

Just bought this game about a week ago. Have the game installed along with BF2. Repatched 1.41 and able to play both. Here is the trouble. BF2 is having no trouble what so ever BUT SF expansion will allow me to play for about 10 minutes and then the game will crash to the lovely "Blue Screen of Death". I am unsure of the map names they are happening on but the scenario is... Running along weapon in hand and I will just freeze, thinking just lag, I will set back and relax. But its not lag. It will actually crash to a black screen, then to blue and give me the WORST noises I have ever heard.

Now I am running a 3Gig Processor, 1+Gig of RAM, ATI X800XT vid card, Windows XP Pro.

Once again I have had no problems with BF2 but the SF expansion is about ready to, well upset me.

PLEASE HELP.

Re: BF2:SF trouble

Reinstall 1.41 and defrag the hard drive.

Comment

Actually one bettered ya on Friday, did a full format. The only true things on my computer is Bf2 and Bf2: SF and the 1.41 patch.

Is it possible that my 1.41 patch is corrupted?

Comment

Possible. You could try to download the patch from another site. I reinstalled bf2/sf/ef/af the other day, and the only way I could get through the complete install was to do a clean boot, without any programs/processes running other than Windows' native processes, which is the first time that has happened. BTW, I've got a very similar setup (3.0E/2x512mb/x800xt AIW).

SF is worth figuring it out, though.

Comment

Man....Had a really bad feeling about that. Well I guess I will do that then. If anyone else has any ideas please send them my way.

Would love to play BF2:SF.

Comment

The only two negatives I see is BF2 loves memory. I know it can run on 1GB, but it sings with 2GB. Also, EA doesn't love ATI as much as Nvidia and I'm not sure how your ATI card and selected driver run. You may try experimenting there. I have heard tell the most recent drivers are not as stable as the last ones. This may be old news and corrected since.

Finally, in the support area, there is a sticky of general tech support stuff and I would suggest checking it out for MANY other suggestions to look into.

Best of luck with it,

Simon

Comment

Working...
            X