Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How will my pc cope with X1950Pro?

Originally posted by [R-PUB]MrD
    Get a decent PSU and it will come with all the cables you need, although when you find a model on a shopping site you like, google for reviews and specs from review sites AND the manufacturers site then compare your existing ones cables and the components you have in your machine.

Definitely check what power connectors go into your motherboard (20 or 24pin) and if the PSU has the right connector. (latest high end psu's are v2.2)

Thanks for that MrD.
    I'll get googling now!

Cheers.

Comment

I have a A hiper psu - if you're using it with the X1950pro a word of advice -12V1 rail carry's 20A 12V2 = 18A, make sure the rail with 20A is going into the main power connector on the X1950..

Comment

Cheers, Calibre. I'll remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Calibre
          I have a A hiper psu - if you're using it with the X1950pro a word of advice -12V1 rail carry's 20A 12V2 = 18A, make sure the rail with 20A is going into the main power connector on the X1950..

I've recently bought a Hiper 580W (blue). How do I know which rail is 20A?
          I've plugged one 4 pin modular conector into the 20 pin socket (with the remaining 4 pins hanging loose) and a seperate, 2 pin modular P4 4 pin connector into another socket on the motherboard. The remaining devices are connected with another 4 pin modular molex connector.
          This seem ok?

Comment

Working...
          X