Jet Question!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jet Question!!!!!!!!

I use the x45 as shown above by |CBW|Simon and love it; I'm more of a flight sim fan, so the separation of throttle + stick appeals to me.

I've also tried the Cyborg Evo with a friend, and think it might be slightly better suited to BF2 with the throttle being built into the control base and only a thumbs-length away; I found it much easier to control speed for maneuvering and less energy is expended when you're in a dogfight.

Comment

The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is a great joystick, I would highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon

One of the best sticks out there still
        ugh, the worse stick I ever put my hands on. I'd stay away from that one.

Comment

I also got the logitec Extream #d pro but still have alot of practicing to do before i get any good

Comment

logitech wingman force3d with force feedback. bout 60cdn, i find it feels alot nicer than the 3d pro. also the throttle is 1000 times better, more fine tuning in it, % meter etc, only problem with BOTH of these joysticks is the center zone is too loose, IE leave it idle without touching it, your jet may lean left or right depending on the way u pushed it last, easily fixed with taking it apart and sacrificing an elastic band, however it is a flaw in the design that should have been fixed long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
              ugh, the worse stick I ever put my hands on. I'd stay away from that one.
              Put your hands on alot of sticks, eh?

:laugh:

Comment

do u guys need to use joysteck ?! .....i allways fly the jet with the keys....A..W...D...S....and the mouse its not that hard take a little practec with them and you'll be good..no need for joysteck belive me

Comment

I've got a Cyborg Evo Force, though everyone told me to buy a Logitech 3D Pro.
                  They were right. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, moreover you'll have to set huge amounts of deadzone in order to have it calibrated, which is a vast disadvantage. It is most noticeable when you first try to clear a site with the MG (before bombing it).

Oh, and it actually gets overheated. I have never believed a JS can get overheated, honestly, till I bought my Evo.

Just listen to them. Buy the Logitech 3D Pro and tell us whether you're happy with it or not.

Comment

I'd start out with what most recommended, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It's cheap, easy to set up, and most people love it, but it has durability issues. After a few months you'll lose your calibration or a button will stick, etc. Then you can decide if you want to consider them 'disposable' after a few months and stick with them, or move up to the Saitek w/separate throttle control. (BTW- that's an old picture above; it has a little LCD screen on the throttle now)

Comment

3d Pro Ftw

Comment

saitek cyborg evo =)

its pretty good i dont see any faults with it and has had its sahre of drops. throttle on it is amazing and its fully customisible, height, rotation of the stick position of the buttons, angle and height of the hand rest and area of trigger.

with the customisation available it aslo means you can set it up easily for left handers if you are one and has 6 extra buttons i use for flares + views barely away from the stick

Comment

Originally posted by jackall.22
                          saitek cyborg evo =)

its pretty good i dont see any faults with it and has had its sahre of drops. throttle on it is amazing and its fully customisible, height, rotation of the stick position of the buttons, angle and height of the hand rest and area of trigger.

with the customisation available it aslo means you can set it up easily for left handers if you are one and has 6 extra buttons i use for flares + views barely away from the stick
                          Don't you feel those calibration problems? In fact it's not a question of feeling. It's how you handle it
                          Calibration probs makes you go like 25° right, when midair the jet goes a bit down and other sides...
                          The rudder does what it wants...

After setting such a large deadzone the JS isn't sensitive anymore. It recieves a single after 15%-30% only.

Comment

Force Feedback 3D Pro for me. Looks pretty much the same as the extreme.

Comment

3d pro xtreme.. ftw

There have been soooo many threads about this now ..

Comment

Originally posted by GbeTech
                                Don't you feel those calibration problems? In fact it's not a question of feeling. It's how you handle it
                                Calibration probs makes you go like 25° right, when midair the jet goes a bit down and other sides...
                                The rudder does what it wants...

After setting such a large deadzone the JS isn't sensitive anymore. It recieves a single after 15%-30% only.
                                DXTweak2. Rarely a problem you cant fix or smoothen out.

Comment

Working...
                                X