SRAW/Eryx vs Infantry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRAW/Eryx vs Infantry

If this has been discussed before, I apologize.

I had a run-in a few nights ago while playing on Jalalabad, where I was capping a flag, saw an enemy AT player approaching, shot and killed him, but not before he got off an Eryx round which killed me instantly.

I was somewhat frustrated to say the least, but figured it's a valid tactic..

How do you guys feel about Anti-Tank players using their rockets against infantry targets?

Re: SRAW/Eryx vs Infantry

i hate it.

Comment

I do it all the time. But usually when I'm hunting armor, and you step out in front of me and start shooting. You think I should take that extra second and firing delay to switch to the P90 so you can kill me? Rocket shoots first. sorry.

Comment

It's a valid tactic, although a little irritating.

Don't worry though, karma works in mysterious ways.

What are they going to do when a tank comes rolling in?

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
          I do it all the time. But usually when I'm hunting armor, and you step out in front of me and start shooting. You think I should take that extra second and firing delay to switch to the P90 so you can kill me? Rocket shoots first. sorry.
          Exactly i agree with you i mean iv gotten banned for it but w/e... i think thats stupid to get banned for shooting someone with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
            agreed...i never see ppl using the eryx or sraw like how the nadelaunchers were used b4 they got nerfed...also cuz its not that easy to kill ppl wtih the sraw...most of hte time it has to be a good direct hit, cuz the splash damage isnt that great

Comment

I hate it,seems like "the easy way out" to me....

Comment

Hate the tactic, but it is usefull, especialy at someone who is prone+zoomed in - hard for them to avoid the incoming rocket. Another reason i'm using crouch a hole lot more.

Comment

The pistol is there for a reason, I swear it is the most underused weapon, particulary by the type of peeps we are talking about here.

Comment

its a valid tactic and a great way to kill people beyond revive

Comment

works wonders on wake againts all the '1337' snipers that hide in the most obvious of places.

Comment

Guilty as charged.

I play to win the round, and not personal stats, or badges. So I arm my self as a medic when squad leader and AT when squad member, by default. Unless a situation arises that warrants another kit those are my choices.

Especially if it's a vehicle heavy map. I just can't see going out there with out a defense against armored vehicles. So I've become adept with the AT. In a flag defending situation I use it more then the AR, especially if I have it drawn already.

If you don't see me and are lowering the flag , I use AT. It's a sure kill. Wing a medic with the AT kit's AR, and you could lose the spawn point. Plus the switch to AR is fairly fast if I miss and am now discovered. It's just the "owed" AT reload that you have to remember that's the draw back.

I even use it for snipers. You'd be surprised how many just stay in their position and hope it misses. Or they're zoomed in some where else and don't see it comming. Even if we trade off , I've taken out a pesky sniper. Aim it correctly, let it fly, and if the sniper doesn't move it's nearly a sure kill.

It's part of the game mechanics. Tactical Gamers consider it an offense worth warning about. That's why I left them during my recruiting period. I felt that with out an actual game program or mechanics change to deter killing infantry with the AT, just simply frowning upon it and making it a bootable offense (if abused) was going too far.

It's a shot in my repertoire, that I wasn't willing to abandon. I work hard at it, and have gotten killed many many times attempting to perfect it.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
                          The pistol is there for a reason, I swear it is the most underused weapon, particulary by the type of peeps we are talking about here.

I use my pistol alot actually,If i'm going to kill a sniper while infantry,I'll use my pistol,but mainly the knife.

If i see a infantry man laying prone,I'll go up behind him and pop a cap into his backside,and switch back to reg weapon.

Saves ammo.

Comment

Im betting the people who are irritated by it are mad cause they couldnt spam there insta heal packs for themselves or there little shock paddle buddy couldnt hump them.

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
                              Guilty as charged.

I play to win the round, and not personal stats, or badges. So I arm my self as a medic when squad leader and AT when squad member, by default. Unless a situation arises that warrants another kit those are my choices.

Especially if it's a vehicle heavy map. I just can't see going out there with out a defense against armored vehicles. So I've become adept with the AT. In a flag defending situation I use it more then the AR, especially if I have it drawn already.

If you don't see me and are lowering the flag , I use AT. It's a sure kill. Wing a medic with the AT kit's AR, and you could lose the spawn point. Plus the switch to AR is fairly fast if I miss and am now discovered. It's just the "owed" AT reload that you have to remember that's the draw back.

I even use it for snipers. You'd be surprised how many just stay in their position and hope it misses. Or they're zoomed in some where else and don't see it comming. Even if we trade off , I've taken out a pesky sniper. Aim it correctly, let it fly, and if the sniper doesn't move it's nearly a sure kill.

It's part of the game mechanics. Tactical Gamers consider it an offense worth warning about. That's why I left them during my recruiting period. I felt that with out an actual game program or mechanics change to deter killing infantry with the AT, just simply frowning upon it and making it a bootable offense (if abused) was going too far.

It's a shot in my repertoire, that I wasn't willing to abandon. I work hard at it, and have gotten killed many many times attempting to perfect it.
                              Yes, when running into a flag defense situation, opening with a rocket is much like throwing a grenade - an opening move that will weaken or fuddle your foes - then you switch to p90(or other crappy weapon of choice) and finish the rest.

I died many times trying to get fast response against all foes in the game with the rocket, and I deserve the kills I get with it now. I'm beyond point-blank shooting now, even if you're running across an open area, I may still hit you anyway as I am getting real good at the long-range moving shots - on everyting and everyone. My p90 lets me down more than the rocket.:/

Comment

Working...
                              X