Holy crap the A-10 ROCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap the A-10 ROCKS

I flew the a-10 for the first time last night on some 24/7 server of basra i think..wih the airport.

anyway my squad or ANYONE would get ready to take the village but before they did they would say A-10 PILOT BOMB AND STRAFE VILAGE i would come in on a few bombign and strafing runs but it was REALLY AWSOME how my squad lead when then enemy infantry was dug in he would mark them with a demo lition order EXACTLY where they where then he would tell me which direction to approach from and it was sweet because all i did was shoot at the order i could see and destroy him.

the a-10 is easily the most awsome troop support weapon there is after awhile they just stopped getting in vehicles for an extended amount of time.

and when we had the vilage i would folow the advance to the next flag, i mean litterally folow them on their way their, i would circles around the area in front of them and destory and vehicles coming 4 them.

i would soften a flag for awhile then they would go in, it was like having artilery the whole game.

Re: Holy crap the A-10 ROCKS

That's how it should be used.

The A-10 is used (primarily) for CAS (close air support) of ground troops - tanks, other armored vehicles and other ground targets.

Your SL was smart by actually designating specific targets for you.

If only the laser designator worked .

Comment

pretty sure we'll have the designator working in a future release (not v0.5). At least in some way .. I hope hehe.

Also the A10 is produced by the wonderful lads at USI, they are absolutely awesome vehicle producers.

Comment

Originally posted by eggman
        pretty sure we'll have the designator working in a future release (not v0.5). At least in some way .. I hope hehe.

Also the A10 is produced by the wonderful lads at USI, they are absolutely awesome vehicle producers.
        Laser designator...what? you mean like a guy on ground marks with a laser, you drop bomb and bomb folows the laser?

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
          Laser designator...what? you mean like a guy on ground marks with a laser, you drop bomb and bomb folows the laser?
          That's the idea, although I'm not sure if that's exactly how it will work.

It may just mark or 'paint' a target for friendly aircraft, although they will still have to bomb it themsselves with the regular 'dumb bombs'.

THe Spec Ops kit currently has the laser designator - the SOFLAM.

A dev will be able to answer your question more specifically.

eggman ?

Comment

the intent is that ground forces will be able to designate a target for laser guided munitions delivered from aircraft.

Comment

Yeah the A10 in a good squad with a good pilot is deadly.

Was playing last nite and had the same experience in the cobra, my SL would tell me the target and I'd do a pop up and let my gunner soften the area up before doing a strafing run with the rockets.

Was 10-0 until I hit E by mistake LOL

C

Comment

The one thing I notices while playing in Al Basrah map is that, THE A-10 IS VERY LOUD AND SOUNDS HORRIFYING if they flew over your head. I swear, this is only a video game and yet my heart still beat very fast from being freightened. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by KatieWolf
                  The one thing I notices while playing in Al Basrah map is that, THE A-10 IS VERY LOUD AND SOUNDS HORRIFYING if they flew over your head. I swear, this is only a video game and yet my heart still beat very fast from being freightened. :cry:
                  hehe ye its amazing how many testers run to cover when they hear the A-10 getting closer

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
                    hehe ye its amazing how many testers run to cover when they hear the A-10 getting closer
                    true, it is a horrible weapon of war when a good SL will mark infantry with an order so the a-10 pilot can see exactly where to shoot.

I did this one time when i was in the a-10 but then my squad stayed on usmc and i went insurgent...they did the same exact thing and well.....it suked 2 b us

Comment

Working...
                    X