BF2 Crashes while loading maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Crashes while loading maps

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I have a problem.

I just bought BF2 a couple of days ago and patched my game up to version 1.41. The problem is, I haven't yet been able to play one game. The game always crashes to the desktop at the end of loading geometries. I've fiddled around with the settings (High, Medium and Low) to no avail.

Is this a common problem? I just want to be able to get through this and just play because otherwise it's just a big waste of money.

Anyway, I'll post some of my specs, if you want any extra information just ask.

Processor: AMD Turion 64 ML-40 @ 2.2GHz
    Free Disk Space: 50 GB
    RAM: 2048 MB
    Video Card: 2x nVidia Geforce 7900 GS (SLi enabled)
    Video BIOS version: 5.71.22.26.11
    ForceWare version: 84.74

EDIT: The game crashes both online and offline while loading maps.

Re: BF2 Crashes while loading maps

Try dumping the BF2 video cache and trying again. With that setup, you should be able to run it no problem.

Comment

How would I got about doing it?

Comment

The cache is in the "My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2\cache" and also in each directory you have under "mods". The cache is what is created when your video is optimized. The directories inside of the cache directory should be deleted. Then when you restart BF2 and join a map, your system will reoptimize the video.

And here is a good tweak guide to check out

Comment

Thanks for the help...
          I tried what you said but it still crashed, just at different times now. Rather than always at 62% now it crashes anywhere before then.

Comment

What video settings (in bf2) are you running?

Comment

I thought that might be the problem, At first I guess I was over confident and set it to 1024x768@60Hz with max setting, but when it started messing up i moved it down to low. everything is at the lowest possible. But I'm still getting nothing out of it.

Comment

There are a few options on the large tech notice

Specifically under the section regarding "Crash to Desktop Issues"

Since I would only be offering them one at a time, I figured I'd just take you to the horses mouth since all of my parlor tricks have come up empty.

Comment

Working...
                X