weird freezing whenever a map starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird freezing whenever a map starts

Hi, I've had BF2 for about a year and it has worked fine (for the most part) until now all of a sudden, without any hardware or software changes at all, the game semi-freezes whenever a map is finished loading and i see the menu. The mouse just refuses to move (being stuck in the center of the screen), but *behind* the screen the battle rages and i see and hear people playing just fine. I tried restarting, but it didn't help, anyone have any ideas to help??

Re: weird freezing whenever a map starts

Defrag and do a general check for newer drivers on your vid and sound cards. If you haven't defragged in all that time, it will do you a world of good. At the same time, you may want to purge your video cache and let it re-optimize all of that.

Simon

Comment

ugh, it didn't work. i tried reinstalling the game and that didn't even work! so now I dont know. actually it all started after the game hard froze (had to restart the comp). when i tried to play again i got this problem. anyone other ideas?

Comment

a complete uninstall first and then reinstall to insure any corrupted files are gone.

EA uninstall writeup

Comment

so ur mouse is stuck?

try resetting ur controls in options to default again

Comment

Ok, I went to the help page at ea.com for battlefield 2 and it turns out that when I deleted the battlefield 2 file in My Documents it fixed my problem (just had to set all the video options again). Thanks everyone for your help though, cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X