moments of soldid unrefined pure awsome in project reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moments of soldid unrefined pure awsome in project reality

I did one of these threads b4 but that was for vanilla bf2 now that i have project reality....awsome.

i 4got the name of it i think its the OH-something but its the really small one that hold like 5 or 6 guys what rocks about it is the fact that people actually use the thing for recon.

AT the end of a game when we have all the flags ppl put a few guys on thos things and we go hunting for example.
    on the map where qwai river i think, my squad and I where the last 3 guys on the china side with all the flags gone to usmc.
    It was scary and fun hiding from the 2 chopper flying over head scouring the map 4 us.

one of the guys on the side saw me and shot a few rounds in my direction, i was spawned as anti tank and BLEW that thing out of the sky then the one that had the rockets came into that area and eventually spotted me i was spriting and ducking behind trees with all these rockets coming from the sky before it eventually landed and off loaded the sniper in the second seat..he got me.

Also those small chopper make for great squad tools often enough someone in my squad will fly the thing the whole game and when its a good pilot its just so awsome.

i think whats so great about choppers in project reality is the fact that when you are communicationg with the pilot the squad lead will say "take this flag here" and the pilot will say "k, but im gonna drop you in the mountains to the north of it" or in some strategic terrain.
    in vanilla bf2...no.

That sweet I get all the time like when the chopper came down dropp us off in the streets to take the city flag and as we came down an rpg streakes toward me but misses and flys under. the moment we set down we came under fire and he had to get the chopper out of there the second we where all out, he takes off and as i dash to cover i look up and another rpg misses the chopper by a hair.

I had to slam an rpk gunner with my rocket and pop some smoke for us to move forward, we got into tons of fights with enemy infantry well dug in, in PR 90% of firefights are with both sides behind cover..not in vanilla, Alot of times PR feels like a more realistic and unscripted version of call of duty.

earlier on the same map i was landed into some mountains near a bridge with 3 guys crossing it, i told the guy with me to hold fire and wait a sec, i pulled out my smoke and dropped it where i was then before it went off i fired a rocket at the guy leading the pack(assuming he was squad lead) then my smoke went off and i told my buddy to folow me to the right, we got behind a small incline to give is a little cover and opened fire, in a few moments the clear advantage of having cover won the day.

From their point of view it was a chaotic ambush all they got was a sudden rocket and then theycame under fire and got pwn3d.
    To them it was like an ambush in vietnam or iraq but usmc on the ambush side.

PR ftw.

Re: moments of soldid unrefined pure awsome in project reality

More people are starting to learn to create ambushes, spreading out to produce fire coming at the enemy from a large arc, using some cover to absorb incoming fire. The fact that smoke nades give off twice the smoke of vanilla is real handy now. Using VOIP becomes very important, as in real combat you all fire at the same time effectively reducing the enemy in numbers very fast and totally disoreintating them.

The fact that a professional quality soundpack has been bought by the community for the Devs to use in the mod is becoming a great audio effects component of the game. The next build of the game, currently in testing, has even more of these real world recorded sounds put in it that is going to hype the build up the first time people play it!

Comment

and with only spec ops having chutes good chopper pilots r VERY valuable

recon is an excellent use of chopper once i spent ten minutes folowing my squad in the OH chopper simply telling them via voip and putting the"hostile forces spotted" question mark around where they where, recon is more important in project reality than in vanilla.

Comment

On Jabal al Burj, the first time I jumped on an MH-6 Little Bird and took off towards one of the beaches. The sunset was fantastic.

During the same round, my team has been pushed back into the city. My squad and I take up positions in a house, and watch from the windows as US troops flood towards the city. Our Designated Marksman (Sniper) takes a few shots at a group of US troops, killing most, and wounding the rest. We come under fire, and move out of the house. My squad and I press against a wall, and my SL moves out slightly from behind the cover and safety of the wall. He shouts "Go, go, go!" and sprints across the wise street to another building. We follow. As soon as I exit cover from the wall, all I hear is "crack, crack, crack crack crack" as an M249 SAW opens up fire form the other end of the street. Bullets crack past my head, but I make it to cover with my SL. I look back, and see two of my teammates get gunned down in the middle of the street.

Comment

I can't wait till the weekend when i can play!

Comment

I got in a VERY good squad today. I can't remember which map as I just started playing this morning. I have to say, there are some great tactics out there. Squad Leaders who actually know to stay out of the fight and away from harm's way.

About parachutes, I was in a LB on Oman and was being shot down by two .50 Cals, I jump out and start pressing 9 frantically, still didn't know only Spec Ops had chutes.

Oh, and flanking actually works here.

Comment

Working...
            X