Worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth buying?

Hey, i played BF2 for like 4 months at a friends house when it first came and i was wondering if it worth buying now. I havent played in so long so i dont know how many people are still playing. Now that 2142 is out im deciding between BF2 and BF2142 so any input would be helpfull!

Re: Worth buying?

Real two different cups of tea. BF2 is still way popular. Don't know how many player BF2142. I'm sure you could look at some server lists to find the comparison. Bf2142 wasn't for me and i'm more than happy to play BF2 on full 64 player servers. Though i wish EA brought out or organised the official stamp on a couple more extra maps. That would get a cheer from me.

Comment

BF2 is still pretty popular so I would say go ahead and buy it, as for BF2142 I hear from everyone that it pretty much sucks. Stay with BF2. Armored Fury is not a bad expansion pack either. Have fun...

Comment

I got BF2142 for xmas (unwanted gift lol) played for a couple of hours and went back to BF2. Wish i hadnt even opened it, so could have taken it back

Comment

BF2 definitly isn't dead. The recent patches have certainly stabilised and brought back players who were previously fed up.

Alot of players have moved on, however alot of new players have started playing the game. BF2 will be as popular as CS in afew years.

Comment

just came back to BF2 after ~2 months off due to a lost cd key. found the key two days ago, now BF2 is tops in rotation and Oblivion is on the back platter.

there are plenty of people still playing on ranked servers; plenty more on unranked and mod servers (though it would be nice if there were MORE fokls on them) too.

Comment

Shouldn't there be a sticky about this? I've been seeing this topic come up way too often.

Comment

Originally posted by bdm
                Shouldn't there be a sticky about this? I've been seeing this topic come up way too often.
                agreed, but how would you start it, and it would be too bias however it is done.

Comment

Worth it for now yes IMO in like a year probly not gunna be worth it.

Comment

You ask the BF2 forum if it's worth buying over BF2142.....of course we are going to say it is. Ask on the TotalBF2142 forum and you will get the reverse response....so what you going to do??

Comment

I just wanted to make sure this was still enough of a following to make it worth playing again. I didnt want to log on and find like 10 servers with 3 people playing lol

Comment

No there is alot of servers and alot of people not as many but alot

Comment

Nope.

Comment

There are still alot of servers.....i get about 800 with my filters. There are less than there used to be but that is to be expected. I believe BF42 is still going so.........

Comment

theres like...1000 servers......about 800 ranked.......and about 12 that arent 24/7 karkand/jalalalalalalalabad IO

Comment

Working...
                              X