Friend bought bf2, patch wont load...stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend bought bf2, patch wont load...stumped

guys my friend after a lot of talk finally purchased bf2. he installed the game, played 1.1 or the first version for a while, and downloaded the 1.41 patch. hes all excited to play and goes to click on the full version on his desktop and it wont load onto his computer. he tried crtl alt delete and it says its running, but nothing shows up on his desktop at all, he tried restarting his comptuer etc and nothing has worked, how can i help him ouit so he can come play with me tongiht? :cry:

Re: Friend bought bf2, patch wont load...stumped

How much free room does he have on the drive?

Is he running any virus proggies? Turn em off for now.

What are his other specs?

Have you tried downloading the patch from an alternate source?

Comment

Originally posted by ChubbyE
      guys my friend after a lot of talk finally purchased bf2. he installed the game, played 1.1 or the first version for a while, and downloaded the 1.41 patch. hes all excited to play and goes to click on the full version on his desktop and it wont load onto his computer. he tried crtl alt delete and it says its running, but nothing shows up on his desktop at all, he tried restarting his comptuer etc and nothing has worked, how can i help him ouit so he can come play with me tongiht? :cry:
      tell youre freind to click on the installer and wait........ it will load eventualy.

depending on how fast youre freinds pc is will determin how long it takes.

if its not done in 20mins you may want to try another download of the patch

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
        tell youre freind to click on the installer and wait........ it will load eventualy.

depending on how fast youre freinds pc is will determin how long it takes.

if its not done in 20mins you may want to try another download of the patch
        im finding out the above info from him right now. it wont pop up when he double clicks on it. (mine did the same thing but started in a few minutes!)

his virus programs are turned off, 42gb free space

Comment

I'd try a new download for the heck of it.

Comment

Patience, virtue, is. Wait about 20 mins, if it doesn't come up, you either have a POS computer or a POS download.

Comment

Same problem here. Game won't load either.

Comment

Working...
              X