Clear All

• Help Me Please!

ok i got a new comp specs are
    nVidia 8800 EVGA GTS
    SoundMAX HD AUDIO O
    Windows XP SERVICE PACK 2
    Intel Core Duo 2 2.4 GHZ
    And a 500watt PSU
    OK so heres the problem. i play the game all maxed out, i join a 64 man server and i ctd while in the round. not loading etc. but if im in a 16 player server then i dont ctd for about 5 hours lol. so what is causing this? my psu not handlin it? or is it my sound card? *note* i dont CTD while playing dark messiah.

Re: Help Me Please!

Could be the PSU, I heard that the 8800 series need 500W minimum, which you have.

Comment

not 400???

Comment

Go look at the requirements on the nvidia site

Comment

This may seem stupid but what connection you got? I heard from friends that dial-up doesnt like 64 man servers because its harder for it to process all the data so they stick with either 16 or not full 32 man servers.

Comment

Are you frickin retarded Veryron

Comment

i have shaw extreme speed.. lol thats all i know about my connection its cable to.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
                i have shaw extreme speed.. lol thats all i know about my connection its cable to.
                ctd's after you've been playing for a while are either caused by heat, or by background processes that interrupt BF2, causing a CTD.

would recommend you shut down everything (ctrl-alt-del) that isn't windows/system related and give it a go.

p.s. you post a different problem every day. are you really having trouble and need help (nothing at all wrong with that) or are you having a little fun with the tweaks?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                  Are you frickin retarded Veryron
                  dude, chill out

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
                    ctd's after you've been playing for a while are either caused by heat, or by background processes that interrupt BF2, causing a CTD.

would recommend you shut down everything (ctrl-alt-del) that isn't windows/system related and give it a go.
                    Agreed, but an obvious test here is to back everything to Medium and see if it crashes. Med settings wont' generate as much heat as high and will also load faster.

You should have an extra fan on that chassis.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo

p.s. you post a different problem every day. are you really having trouble and need help (nothing at all wrong with that) or are you having a little fun with the tweaks?
                      yees, help would be rockin

Comment

Working...
                      X