Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Forces...WTF.... Why are games getting harder to install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces...WTF.... Why are games getting harder to install.

I coppied this off of file front.

Hard Disc Space

Windows will require additional free hard drive space for its operating system
    (virtual memory). If you encounter the following message in an error dialog:
    "Ran out of virtual memory", free up some more hard drive space.

To install Battlefield 2 Version 1.2 you will need approximately 2.0 GB free hard
    disk space for the full patch or 1.5GB for the incremental patch, plus space for
    saved games.

If you have Battlefield 2 installed to a different hard disk than where you have
    Windows installed then approximately 375Mb (full patch) or 100Mb (incremental patch)
    of the required free space must be available on the hard disk where Windows is
    installed.

To install Battlefield 2: Euro Force you will need approximately 800Mb free hard
    disk space plus space for saved games.

Re: Special Forces...WTF.... Why are games getting harder to install.

That's just technology. It's only natural that software requires more and more space to download.

Comment

No...the thing is dude....i only have 1.35gb left on my windows drive.Is there anyway to get around this.This is my whole problem.16gb on my d drive ...you see.

Comment

Free up some space or upgrade your old hdd to something bigger.

Comment

Obviously...but that costs money,sorry about that lanquage but its very frustating.I have an 80 gig and did really get it partioned proporly in size ratio.So I need to work around it,i guess try deleting stuff.Can you put stuff like spyware programs and virus programs,dvd programs on the drive that windows is not on.?

Thanks

Comment

Depends on 'what' it is. Data files are absolutely no sweat. Most applications I can think of give you a loadup option as to where you want them too.

If you have a drive thats been partitioned, I think I'd just reformat it to a single partition and reload windows from there.

Comment

Not being smart, just buy another disk, here's one for $57, may not be the best but its cheap as chips.

Comment

I had the same problem my Windows is on a 10GB partition, I cleared out some prorgams that had forced me install to C: and I was good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by CowmanIII
                  That's just technology. It's only natural that software requires more and more space to download.
                  thanks god my computer still has room for memory upgrades..hehe

Comment

thankfully i have 250gb HDD

though i know some people have troubles with installing BF2 on say F: and then SF cant find it

Comment

Working...
                    X