Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2 Sound issue. Clicking/Clipping sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Sound issue. Clicking/Clipping sound.

When I get into the menu and while playing BF2 I have this clicking sound in the speakers. It's not in the splash screen nor in any other game, for instance BF2142, but only in BF2 and while playing. I've seen like 2 posts on forums that I could find through google but no info on what might be causing it. I have installed newest sound drivers and I've changed every possible sound setting in the game but nothing helps.

As someone else explained it:
    "This clipping sounds like faint tapping in the background of the music and sound effects"
    Thats exactly that I have. It also goes from one speaker to another. Like surround sound :P

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

Re: BF2 Sound issue. Clicking/Clipping sound.

Could you post your speakers make/model and PC specs (soundcard, mobo, etc).
    /Hope someone can solve your issue.

peace,

Comment

Well I can't think of a reason it is the actual speakers since I don't have any problems with any other games or anything else that has sound.

But specs are, it's a dell heh, these:
      Intel® Core™ 2 Duo
      1024MB RAM
      ATI X1300 Pro 512MB
      Audio is some integrated crap, Sigmatel Audio

Comment

wat settings do u have ur sound on? with that sound card, u mite want to have EAX off, and have it on software sound

Comment

I have EAX turned off. And it doesn't matter what other settings I change, hardware, software, high, medium, low etc etc.

Comment

Check with the motherboard companies website to see if there are driver updates for the sound card.

Think about buying an affordable sound card. Audigy's can be picked up rather cheap now adays and would probably solve this issue if the driver doesn't.

Comment

Well since it's a dell I have the latest driver for it and other latest drivers.
              I think it's odd that just because I have integrated soundcard this crappy bug have to come about. It's well annoying the clicking/clipping sound and it would be crap if I got to go and buy me a new card when this one works perfectly fine otherwise.

Comment

lol,

I wish I had your willpower. Sata drive, extra gig of Ram, better video card and beefier power supply all for BF2 is still on my conscience.

It would be horrible if this is the only reason, but other than goof with the settings again (and be sure to hit apply each time) and no driver update in the near future, you are very limited in your options.

Comment

Working...
                X