Small Easy Tip For Commanders =]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Easy Tip For Commanders =]

Well if yuo dont wanna be commander anymore mid game, call a arty, then resign, this gives you +2 instead of the old +1 =]

Re: Small Easy Tip For Commanders =]

artying doesnt give you any points at all, ever since the 1.12 or 1.2 (or some old patch) arty kills dont count as kills, because commanders were dropping arty, friendlies were rushing in, getting killed and punishing then the commander would be kicked. It also changed the way that a commander could drop arty on enemies, resign and get the points for kills. So doing this actually doesn't affect your points at all, in fact if you drop arty you deprive your team of kills and being that the commanders score is an average of all positive scores (>0) deprive yourself of points.

Comment

You don't get any points for an arty kill. Nothing!

Comment

Supermarios' tip is the better one.....never use arty unless its emergency or the game is so close that you need it ftw

let your team amass the kills and watch your points go up and hopefully double

Comment

I agree. I was playing SF on Night Flight the other day, and we had pushed the russian side all the way back to the tower. As we were assaulting, our own friggin commander kept raining arty on us and killing everyone.

Not only was he getting nothing out of the deal, he was stealing our kills, and hurting our own kdr's.

I use arty to save a remote flag, break a stalemate, or finish off the enemy if they have killed our defenders on a flag.

Comment

^^ good work soldier

Comment

I get so annoyed in the N2K server when we have all flags and the commander arties the uncaps. If he didn't I'd get loads of kills because I normally do bombing runs and get 10+ kills a time.

Comment

thats why I save arty for snipers, especially if my team is winning

I like getting 2 or 3 of them that are on the tops of the tall buildings on Warlord

Comment

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger
                  thats why I save arty for snipers, especially if my team is winning

I like getting 2 or 3 of them that are on the tops of the tall buildings on Warlord
                  Or when a flag is being taken by one person and no one does anything about it.

Comment

How do you use the Commander screen? - -;

Comment

caps lock...then r/c on map and use options...to zoom in use mouse wheel or keyboard zoom button

Comment

but you can get badges while playing as commander i got my vet spec ops by artying people

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_995
                          but you can get badges while playing as commander i got my vet spec ops by artying people

The kills aren't shown in game (and of course you don't get the points) but they do count toword your overall kill count

Comment

One of the best things I've found out to being a good commander is to pick a few good squads and always know who's around them, drop supplies when needed/asked and spot anyone you see near them. I've seen squads completely wreck an entire map for most of the round. Of course, you have to pay attention to your other players.

Comment

As with most things in Bf2, how you play commander depends on how you choose to play the game. If you are out for stats you play it different than if you choose to be a teamplayer. Its no different then playing SL for points or playing for the team.

If you are trying to win the round (a fact that most people overlook and they attempted to fix with the 2x commander bonus) and are working with your squads as your team's commander you use your arty to support assaulting squads, hold flags and break stalemates. If you just want to get the most points, sit back and support a squad by spotting/UAVing enemies and let them take the pain and points.

As a point groping SL, if you are first in to the flag you are doing no justice for the team when your mag runs dry after, albeit an impressive leadfest, only to get arty on your head and leaving your squad with no where to spawn but the uncap a mile back on foot. As a teamplayer SL, you hold back, lie in wait, spot bad guys for you team and yes take a few headshots that help turn the tide as your team caps the flag.

In the end, it all depends on what you are after with the game. If you enjoy winning as a team and owning as a team you play different than being on the holy grail quest for shiny trinkets and numbers. The game gives you both options as long as you find the right group of players to fit in with. I think way too many people play for points as a 1 man squad, point machine just trying to out gun/macro bunnyhop the next player...but I suppose that topic has been over posted too!

Comment

Working...
                              X