Is it smart if I....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it smart if I....

Is it smart if I buy a new graphics card on the moment?

I've heard the prices of those card will drop when Direct X 10 will be out.
    Is this true or what?:hmm:

Maybe some of you can give me some info about what's a nice card for me. I'm planning to keep playing games of these days, so it hasn't to be a high-end $400 card.

Re: Is it smart if I....

Budget?

It is true that DX10 will cause prices of new cards to drop, but when DX10 is going to be properly used is anyones guess...

If your going to be playing games from now and not in the future then i think that the Nvidia Geforce 7950 is a good choice. You could, if you want then use SLI if you buy a second card but by that time, you might just want to spend the money on a DX10 card

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_(NL)
      I've heard the prices of those card will drop when Direct X 10 will be out.
      Is this true or what?:hmm:
      price drops for dx9 cards will most likely be smallish until dx10 cards go mainstream and the majority of gamers are running vista.

if your psu is up to it, in the $200-250 range a single x1950xt is an excellent choice for price/performance value, as is that 7950gt.

x1950xt
      Buy HIS Radeon X1950XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card H195XT256DVN-R with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Buy SAPPHIRE Radeon X1950XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card 100186L with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

7950gt
      Buy EVGA GeForce 7950GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card 256-P2-N636-AR with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

I have the 7950gt and i am very, very happy with it.
        I would take the plunge now as like the others have said, it will be along time yet until DX10 is mainstream.

Comment

Personally i think its wiser to wait unless the card you have is utter plop. Youd be wasting money investing in old tech now, these companys have tons of dx9 GPU's to get rid of thats why there are bargains.

Comment

the price of graphics cards always drops, its like selling fruit and vegetables

these first revision 8800s (hot as hell but dx10 compatible) will be dropping within a few months, when the new version is out.

Comment

Working...
            X