Claymores out of control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores out of control

It's too bad EA isn't going to patch anything anymore, because I would like to see claymores restricted or removed from the game altogether.

Entire flags are being defended by these stupid things, and there is absolutely no counter to them. Teams are winning because of these claymores.

I should know, I'm usually one of the first guys capping a flag, and subsequently the sole 'sweeper' of these monstrosities. Countless times these noob devices have saved an otherwise undefended flag from being capped by me and my squad.

It's one thing to provide claymores to protect a sniper from being ambushed from behind, or guarding a ladder - that's acceptable. Now they're being used as an offensive weapon. Unbelievably, a sniper can charge me while I am shooting him (seems to have more armor than Supply/Assault class) and somehow plant claymores before finally dying.

But one round, every corner I went around in the game I got killed by another damn claymore. I left a server because I went 1-15 , the 15 deaths actually being by claymores, that seemed to be everywhere. I couldn't handle it.

Being a leader in this game is not easy, because you're the first in, you're the first to bite it. Maybe I should stay back and let some other noob get it, then go in

Re: Claymores out of control

Yeah, I love how claymores have switched from booby traps/defending snipers backs (the way they should be used btw) to full on main weapons

Comment

use your eyes and look for them ? and yes your right as a SL you should not be first to rush in....

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
        use your eyes and look for them ?
        You can't use your eyes when they're 'around the corner'. Thanks for that insightful and obvious tip. I know how to circumvent claymores in the tightest of situations, and have surprised many a sniper relying on them.

I'm talking about when they are peppered all over the map and completely overused. A team of snipers could probably effectively defend an entire map if they all dropped claymores everywhere.

and yes your right as a SL you should not be first to rush in....
        The problem with that is, unless your impromptu squad sees you leading the way, they won't go to the objective

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
          The problem with that is, unless your impromptu squad sees you leading the way, they won't go to the objective
          Lol, i have that same problem. You hang back near the flag and they just stand there spamming "requesting orders" or "go, go, go" so you go in first, get decimated by clays and nades and then someone types in chat "we cant spawn on you" :|:

Comment

You can't use your eyes when they're 'around the corner'. Thanks for that insightful and obvious tip. I know how to circumvent claymores in the tightest of situations, and have surprised many a sniper relying on them.

I'm talking about when they are peppered all over the map and completely overused. A team of snipers could probably effectively defend an entire map if they all dropped claymores everywhere.
            peppered all over the map ? ohhhhhhhhhh someones playing karkand right?
            karkand can sometimes have clays placed at the first 3 flag areas, your best bet to beat them is sacrifice someone and revive, sneak round the edge of the map or use a vehicle.
            very few other maps are as cramped as karkand and jallalalabad, go play a different one!

Comment

Friendly fire for mines yes plz.

Comment

Dude, I was about to post this topic. I don't think the claymores should be removed, but their range should be shortened. Its so stupid when you see a claymore and then run about 15 feet away from it, but it still blows you AWAY!! That is really really frustrating.

Comment

peppered all over the map ? ohhhhhhhhhh someones playing karkand right?
                  karkand can sometimes have clays placed at the first 3 flag areas, your best bet to beat them is sacrifice someone and revive, sneak round the edge of the map or use a vehicle.
                  very few other maps are as cramped as karkand and jallalalabad, go play a different one!
                  Haha ha, you're trying to make it my fault, when it's the claymore use that is at fault.

The map that set me off in this instance was Sharqi Peninsula. The number of snipers on the opposite team must have been crazy, because I went on a streak of deaths that I've not had in a long time - all claymores. Stay on point. This is about claymores, not about me.

Comment

I was playing a clay infested Warlord last night. Our squad got around it by taking it in turns to rush the flags with 2 or 3 medics as backup. Sure you get injured but at the end of the round our squad had less then 12 deaths between the 5 of us. And we didn't use VOIP just good old common sense and the SL gave us constant orders which everyone adhered to.

I hate clays but if your in a squad with medics its no biggie.

Comment

You can't use your eyes when they're 'around the corner'. Thanks for that insightful and obvious tip.
                      Of course you can. Use your 3rd person camera view, and turn your player as required to get the right "peek" angle.

Works extremely well for ladders too.

And hey, I get frustrated with them too, but it's a valid and realistic tactic. We all gotta deal with it.

Comment

Haha ha, you're trying to make it my fault, when it's the claymore use that is at fault.

The map that set me off in this instance was Sharqi Peninsula. The number of snipers on the opposite team must have been crazy, because I went on a streak of deaths that I've not had in a long time - all claymores. Stay on point. This is about claymores, not about me.
                        no im not, im saying what do you expect on city maps.. you have loads of medics, loads of support and loads of snipers and they all throw grenades and clays and ****. play a diff map and that doesnt happen.

Comment

Ok then dont play karkand I am sick of people bitc**** about nade spamming clay whoreing spawn raping goto a diffrent map and there will not be much of that.

Comment

It's too bad EA isn't going to patch anything anymore, because I would like to see claymores restricted or removed from the game altogether.

Entire flags are being defended by these stupid things, and there is absolutely no counter to them. Teams are winning because of these claymores.

I should know, I'm usually one of the first guys capping a flag, and subsequently the sole 'sweeper' of these monstrosities. Countless times these noob devices have saved an otherwise undefended flag from being capped by me and my squad.

It's one thing to provide claymores to protect a sniper from being ambushed from behind, or guarding a ladder - that's acceptable. Now they're being used as an offensive weapon. Unbelievably, a sniper can charge me while I am shooting him (seems to have more armor than Supply/Assault class) and somehow plant claymores before finally dying.

But one round, every corner I went around in the game I got killed by another damn claymore. I left a server because I went 1-15 , the 15 deaths actually being by claymores, that seemed to be everywhere. I couldn't handle it.

Being a leader in this game is not easy, because you're the first in, you're the first to bite it. Maybe I should stay back and let some other noob get it, then go in
                            Basically your getting your a*se kicked by snipers and cant handle it. Next you'll be complaining about "them pesky assault class....spamming their machine guns!!!" I bet you run around the corner at the start of Karkand and get taken out by a clay...respawn and run around the same corner and get clayed again....respawn and repeat!!

There's not a flag on the map that cant be taken with clays on it.

Karkand is a nade, clay fest at the start....here's an idea...try a different map

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
                              Karkand is a nade, clay fest at the start....here's an idea...try a different map
                              Thats the whole problem..

all of the damn servers are either 24/7 karkand or wake.. or jalalabad or w/e and that is a ****ty map.

Comment

Working...
                              X