Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading pc help needed

eey guys,
    I wanna upgrade my pc. Cause it really needs new stuff and I wanna play bf2. Can u guys help me with it please?
    The new things I want/need are:
    - Motherboard
    - Power supply (or how u say this in correct english lol)
    - DVD drive
    - Processor (CPU)
    - Grafics card
    - Memory

I searched alot on the internet on some shop in my country (holland) and found the following things:
    - Motherboad: Socket AM2 - M2N SLI (nForce500 SLI MCP) €99
    - Power supply: Coolermaster RealPower 450 Watt (ATX2) €85
    - DVD-drive: IDE - GDR-8164B (16/52x) €19
    - Processor: Socket AM2 - Athlon 64 x2 4200+ (2200MHz) €179
    - Grafic card: nVidia PCI-e 7600 GT XXX/590 (256MB GDDR3) €149
    - Memory: G.E.I.L. 1 GB DDR2-533 Kit (1024MB) €125
    Total: €656

As u can see is gonna be my budget around the 600 700 euros. And eum can u guys tell me if this is good stuff? Can i play bf2 on it? Good graphics?
    Are there any things u think is better to change?
    Please help me with this one cause really wanna play bf2 and wanna have a good comp which i dont have to upgrade about every 2 months (wanna keep it for a few years... atleast 1)

Re: Upgrading pc help needed

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Upgrade your PC with a super-fast AMD processor from their line-up of Ryzen, Threadripper and EPYC CPUs. Super-fast UK delivery + finance options available at Ebuyer. Get the best deals today.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/66405/rb/24098329913 2x since you need 2gigs now!
    Discover Ebuyer's full range of PC power supply units from leading brands like Coolermaster, Corsair and Antec. Get your cheap power supply units at the best prices and super-fast delivery!

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119303 doesn't come with crossfire connector
    Discover our full rnage of internal DVD drives and writers for your PC

708 euros inc postage to UK mainland. you didn't say where you lived

Thats lot will allow 1280x1024 at max graphics with 80-100fps average on optimised maps, with full HDR and lighting stuff that a 7900gs wouldn't give you (before people start mentioning buying one)

make sure you've got a large case for airflow. fit 2 x 80mm cheap fans inside case at front behind HDD's sucking in, 2 x 80mm fans at rear of case sucking out and preferably a 120mm one on side panel sucking out

Comment

Get a Core 2 Duo E6600. The E6300 @1.86ghz actually outperforms the CPU you selected, and it's about 1/2 of the price in some places (90 euros). As for motherboard, anything made by Asus, Abit, Asrock, etc will do. That's a lot of money on RAM, surely you could get it cheaper? You need 2 GB at least nowadays (future proofing...). The rest is alright.

Comment

ty for helping but got 2 things to say:
        1 -> I said where i live (holland). Thats a country called The Netherlands but they also call it Holland ...
        2 -> ur telling me to go for the socket 939 but on a dutch computer website were i was searching for the stuff they warned me with this message:
        LETOP: De productie van Socket 939 Processoren is gestopt en zal binnenkort niet meer verkrijgbaar zijn, wij adviseren u dan ook om voor Socket AM2 te kiezen
        and that means:
        WARNING: The production of Socket 939 processors has stopped and soon no longer available will be, we recommend choosing you thus for Socket AM2
        Please help me with this one cause i really wanna have a nice pc and that is good for a few years and when it needs to be upgraded that its easy to upgrade and not that i have to buy lots of new things again. please help me on this one

Comment

Dude, go Intel on this. Seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by camperstruck
            Dude, go Intel on this. Seriously...
            K
            Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6300 - €189
            Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 - €280,51

What motherboard do u prefer by the e6300 and by the e6600 (not sure which one im gonna buy).

The 2gb - i agree with that - i was aiming on that aswell but the 1gb was already lots of money for me. And u say that I surely could get it cheaper. What shop do u prefer? Website?

Comment

sorry, missed the "holland" bit

I expect my system to last 12-18months, then i can sell off the ram and the mobo/cpu will sell off to a family member wanting a faster office or even gaming pc.

Within your budget now, you cannot afford to get the intel core duo with 2gigs of ram and a good graphics card. there will be a bottleneck somewhere in there that will limit you, till you can save up for something better.

my current system, i advised above, plays most games around at max graphics, anything over that is not going to be appreciated right now. maybe not for another 12-18months!

Comment

you cannot afford to get the intel core duo with 2gigs of ram and a good graphics card
                K eum maybe i can ask my parents to pay some money with me to get a good pc cause its actually a family pc, my sis and my bro are using this pc aswell, so does my dad.
                If i would go for the intel core duo and the 2gigs. Which motherboard would be good? And which graphic card?

Intel core duo the e6300 has 1.8 GHZ dual. does that means i get a 3.0+GHz processor or how does that stuff works?
                I searched on internet for more intels and i found a intel pentium D 945 (3.4 GHz dual) for kinda same money. Is that on better? or...

Comment

No, its no better. Pentium D is based on the hot and heavy Netburst architecture whilst Core 2 Duo is based on the efficient yet very powerful Core architecture.

Definately go Core 2 Duo, E6300 for budget, but if you can, go E6600 as it has double the cache.

Comment

Eey guys - found some new stuff is this better then what i had before?:

- Motherboard: Asus p5b €129
                    - Power: Coolermaster extreme power 430 watt €45
                    - DvD drive: LG GDR-8164B €19
                    - Processor: Intel core 2 duo E6300 €189
                    - Grafic card (256mb): 7600gt fatal1ty €169
                    - Memory : Kingston HyperX 1 GB DDR2-800 Kit €129
                    Total:€680

Still 1 gb memory - I know but that can be changed when i got more money isnt it?

I heard that in the future it might be better to have a SLI motherboard. Thats why I chose one in the first place. In this one there aint no SLI (Asus p5b - none sli). Do u guys say: its better to get a sli motherboard - which one is the best one i can buy (in budget)

Comment

430W is too low. You need at least 500W

Comment

Working...
                      X