Need Help Finding out my PSU watts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Finding out my PSU watts

Im looking at upgrading my CPU+video Card and I need to know how much watts my PSU has problem is I dont have my manual and the sticker on the side of the PSU doenst say it. I need a program...any1 help would be awesome

Re: Need Help Finding out my PSU watts

If there is absolutely no info on your PSU about its characteristics, I suggest that (if you are sure that the PSU is or will be the problem for your upgrade) you buy a new one using a safe value according to your (current and future) CPU/Mobo/Video specs.

Typical values for Gamer PC's start at 500 W. If you ever plan to build a high performance PC (4 Gb ram+, 2 Vid cards, Dual Core CPU, high speed SATA2 HD, etc.), you may need more than that (I've seen people using 1 Kw PSU).

I don't think there is a software to tell you how much juice your PSU can give because, to do that, measurements (Watts, AMPS, etc.) must be taken with an equipment not typically found in a computer (voltmeter, ampmeter). PSU testers a available but it may be a bit pricey for your problem.

As for any upgrade, we must expect that future games will demand computers with much more power than today's.

Hope this helps.

:-)

Comment

Just opened a thread on a solution to this very topic yesterday.

It's definitely not for everybody, but it might be for you.

Comment

the sticker on the side probably does say but in a way its hard to understand.

How many A (amps) does it say it has on the +12V rail?

Comment

Working...
        X