Basic engineer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic engineer?

I'm finding this one more difficult than the trouble I had getting my knife badge a while back. Any tips?

Re: Basic engineer?

Well the kill points are simple. Get in a tank and blow people up.

For the repair points, get in a tank (or Jeep), and fix stuff up. If you can't get a good armor convoy going with two tanks driven by engineers, jump in a jeep and trail them, repairing them from behind as they take damage (stay out of the line of fire). Don't forget to fix arty, UAV's, and sat trailers at every chance. Easiest way is to use a jeep, and park next to the damaged item where you will auto-repair it. Get in the gunners seat so no one sneaks up on you.

If you are the cheatin type. A dirty trick is to get in a jeep and roll it down a slope. Get out and repair it, and then do it all again until you have racked up the points required. I really don't think you need to resort to that however, as I got mine easily with the twin-armor technique.

Also consider flying in a BH and repairing in flight, but this requires an organized squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbob
      I'm finding this one more difficult than the trouble I had getting my knife badge a while back. Any tips?
      Wake Island is the best for getting ur Knife Badge, I easily got 7 kills with it

Try a 24/7 Wake erver and take out ur knife as much as possible.

Comment

Oh I got it ages ago mate, I got Expert Knife about two months ago in fact.

Good tips Irish, ta Can't bring myself to 'stat pad' though. I saw some Captain and his mate doing it on Wake the other week, with one driving into the water and the other repairing in the back. Couldn't resist jumping in the car and driving off...

Comment

Stick near your teams spawn base and rack up the repair points fixing UAV, Sat Scan, and Artty!! As long as the other team has an aggressive Spec Ops you will have your repairs in no time flat!

You can also get in kills shooting the guys after they blow up your commanders assets.....so then you get the kill and the repair......but it might not make your commander happy!

LOL

Good Luck

Comment

Hmm to me that badge was an easy one I was in a karkand phase of my bf2 time and I used the jackhammer and there was about 30 people in the server in a 40 person server and most of the time I stayed in the hotle so for me it was mostly in the allyes.

Comment

This isn't the Basic Engineer 'Combat' badge 7man, I got that when I started playing the game last year, but the Basic Engineer one, which is all about getting repairs. Love the Jackhammer though...

Basically what I've been trying kula, unfortunately this usually leads to boring 20 minute stints reading a magazine and occasionally glancing up to see the arty is still in pristine condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbob
                This isn't the Basic Engineer 'Combat' badge 7man, I got that when I started playing the game last year, but the Basic Engineer one, which is all about getting repairs. Love the Jackhammer though...

Basically what I've been trying kula, unfortunately this usually leads to boring 20 minute stints reading a magazine and occasionally glancing up to see the arty is still in pristine condition.
                As I said before, take asset repairs as available, but the real points come from armor repairs. It is the only repairable unit that draws almost constant fire (and lives long enough to fix! ).

Comment

Flip over a boat and repair it.

Comment

try Kubra Dam as mec, theyre always getting their comm assets blown up cos the US regularly caps that flag

while youre at it leave a couple of mines your side of the lower dam to stop them driving under it and a couple at the top of the long slope to the construction site, then just wait

Or.....what sometimes happens is the US will bomb the comm assets and you can fix them again, but stay out of the vehicle cos you'll just attract the jet whores to you

Comment

thnx guys these tips have benifited others too. lol now i can get mine.

Comment

Just got mine (Engineer badge) the other day on Wake. Just happened to be playing on a team vs a rather persistent Spec Ops opponent. They'd blow an asset and I'd repair it a couple minutes later. I don't know who it was but I tip my hat to him

Comment

I'm 1 hour and 52 minutes away from the final pre-qualification for my Expert engineer and expert engineer combat badges.

http://www.bf2s.com/player/75930256/

God help the noobs that get in the way of my jackhammer on that day. LOL!

Comment

EASY TO DO mate play in Sharqi Peninsula as MEC spawn on helipad take ur wrench out get that crappy car nd drive it into the water then quickly switch to the back seat by pressing F3 nd start repairing it. i know its stat padding but u will get it easily then running after tanks and BTRs for repair point warning: DONT DRIVE YOUR CAR IN DEEP WATER YOU WONT GET THE TIME TO SWITCH U GET ME

Comment

Working...
                            X