To take out a tank with APC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To take out a tank with APC

I was doing some personal research(eh eh) about how many hits it takes to take out a main battle tank with the APC.

TIP:
    You will need 2 rocket direct hits and around 6 main gun shells at the tank, these need to be directly on.

*note- this is if the MBT(Main Battle Tank) is full strength.

Re: To take out a tank with APC

Ye I was playing today and me and another APC were trying to kill this tank and then we both sent our missles and hit him square on and he wasnt dead so we start to shoot our "little missles" and he is still there and it ends up we both die and he gets away with a little armour and we were repairing each other the whole time.

Comment

He most likely had a crate or an engy repairing him then.

That, and always aim for the treads.

An APC is much faster than a tank, use that.

Comment

I have found that the best way to nuek tanks with an APC is to do the following:

1. Missle the little bugger right off to weaken him, make him go defensive, and maximize any existing damage. If you got him from behind, hide until your missle recharges.

2. If you can't hide, Cannon him while moving until you're just about to lose your cannon to heat. At that point, fire single controlled shots at about 1-2 per second so your cannon doesn't overheat. If he was damaged at all before your encounter, he will blow or bail very soon.

3. Watch your missle recharge, and nail him a second time as soon as you get it back. This will finish him every time, supply box or no box.

Unless you were Mario Andretti, you will probably be super damaged, so go hide and repair. The tank will be back, so find an ambush spot closer to his spawn point.

Lather, rinse, repeat!

Comment

I prefer hitting to tracks with main gun.With LAV,when the gun overheats,tank explodes.But in order to do that,you must hit the tank from rear or front tracks.Also the tow of the APC,that hits to tracks takes its 50% health out.APCs' are faster than tanks.This makes evasion very easy.But be aware of the tank's hits.2 shells set you fire,if you got damage before,1 can kill instantly.So with a little effort,I think killing Tanks with APCs are not that much hard...

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd-Irish
            I have found that the best way to nuek tanks with an APC is to do the following:

1. Missle the little bugger right off to weaken him, make him go defensive, and maximize any existing damage. If you got him from behind, hide until your missle recharges.

2. If you can't hide, Cannon him while moving until you're just about to lose your cannon to heat. At that point, fire single controlled shots at about 1-2 per second so your cannon doesn't overheat. If he was damaged at all before your encounter, he will blow or bail very soon.

3. Watch your missle recharge, and nail him a second time as soon as you get it back. This will finish him every time, supply box or no box.

Unless you were Mario Andretti, you will probably be super damaged, so go hide and repair. The tank will be back, so find an ambush spot closer to his spawn point.

Lather, rinse, repeat!
            Howcome Mario Andretti is a familiar name?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
              I thought he was a household name, but maybe I'm just dating myself.

Mario Gabriele Andretti (born February 28, 1940 in Montona d'Istria, Italy, now Motovun, Croatia) is an Italian American racing driver, and one of the most successful Americans in the history of auto racing.

During his career, Andretti won four IndyCar titles, the 1978 Formula One World Championship, and the 1979 IROC championship. To date, he remains the only driver ever to win the Indianapolis 500 (1969), the Daytona 500 (1967), and the Formula One World Championship.
              Maybe I should have said Danica Patrick for the young guys.

Comment

You can manage to take out a tank in an APC, but it is difficult, you must hit the treads with every shot....even the missles!!

I actually took out a tank with the Linebacker on the Surge map, and let me tell you I had to bail as soon as the last shot was fired from my gun or I would have been toast too!

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd-Irish
                  Maybe I should have said Danica Patrick for the young guys.
                  :laugh:

Please don't use those names in the same post again...

Comment

hit the tank in the A*S with 1 Rocket and Shoot it and it will die.

Comment

0 know I know Mario.

Comment

hmmm, maybe, BECAUSE HE'S A WORLD FAMOUS RACER!?!?
                        ok back on topic. This really does work, go try it out.

0 know I know Mario.
                        lovin' the grammar! :rock:

Comment

noob question:

can you aim the main shot from the APC's?

Comment

^ Yes

With one rocket and a quarter of your overheat bar with the small fire you can take out a tank. Just hit the bottom of the front treads....

Cheers

Comment

i smoke apcs ever time man

Comment

Working...
                              X