Sky Diving Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Diving Mod

I'm working on a skydiving mod, and like always, could use some help.

I'm trying to get smoke to come out of the bottom of a soldier... (and if you could teach me HOW, not just a finished example, i could use it for other things too).

I'm experimenting with ideas of how to do it, but I'm having A LOT of trouble, so if somebody could at least point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Re: Sky Diving Mod

tbh it will suck.. what are peoepl gonan do... aprart from falldown?

Comment

No, trust me, I have some ideas

Comment

search for it at Bfeditor.org a great resource for modding

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
          search for it at Bfeditor.org a great resource for modding
          But its confusing, at least for me.

Comment

ok look it is possible to make smoke come out of the soldier but you have to make a new hgr_smoke template and tweak it so that the time to live is -1 and that it sticks the the soldier, then you have to make it so that when you press the trigger button the smoke goes off and doesn't go forward at all. it's not totally impossible but it is hard to do, one other suggestion is look at the burning cars and copy their code and use their smoke as sort of a template. i don't know how to do it but i know what to do so trust me on this one!

Comment

Id jump out of a few planes that would be fun perhaps with targets to land in with point values. Im sure i would jump out of the plane and even NOT open my parachute.. WHAT A CRUEL WORLD AAAAHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by {HHx}b14ze
                Id jump out of a few planes that would be fun perhaps with targets to land in with point values. Im sure i would jump out of the plane and even NOT open my parachute.. WHAT A CRUEL WORLD AAAAHHHH!
                lol! Yeha like you should hit some specefic objects and then you get points!

Anyways, I don't know if i could help. I can do some coding, but I'm busy with 3 other mods :laugh:

Comment

is it gonna be online? it would be cool too jump togheter and stuff like that

Comment

If i can get it WORKING it will be lol

Comment

Originally posted by stalker2200
                      No, trust me, I have some ideas
                      Obstacle course?

Maybe using the racing code BR uses (with permission, of course. ), and having players start way up high, and fall through a tunnel of large pipes, with poles and mines sticking out of the walls?

That would awesome.

Comment

Yeah, had something similar in mind. I'll talk with the BR team and see what we can do... Maybe have some weapons that you can use in the air... i.e. smoke screen (so they may hit a wall or something) or be able to drop something that can hit someone behind you.... I'll see what I can do

Comment

Stalker2200 go for it! Contrary to how boring most think it will be I'd play this mod! You have my support! Oh by the way, I think if you ask (nicely) around you can get support from teams like Dcon or the Sir. community. You should ask Dcon if you could use their AC-130 model as a static object so you could spawn and jump off of that. The main thing I hate about BF2 is the fact that you rarely get these co-ordinated HALO jumps. I also hate the fact that video games rarely let you do a HALO jump in general.

Comment

Sweet, thanks KC-10.... I'll start talking with the Sir.'s and see what I can come up with. It would be nice to get a Hercules in there for the jumps. I just want to get enough features in it so that it appeals to a decent amount of people.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-iolryBzM

me on bf2c wake island , ppl were dogfighting i was skydiving with some mates :P

Comment

Working...
                              X