Sniper Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Tips

As me and my friend have been practicing lately, I decided to let all of you snipers, veterans and new players, know a few of the best tactics to use while sniping.

1: Never stop moving.
    What may seem to be your perfect spot, may be somebody else's.

If you camp, get a roof over your head.
    If you believe you have found the perfect spot, let it be one with a roof overhead. Commanders will use artillery on you, even if it is just you.

Be in a squad.
    Not just to provide intel, but so you can communicate with the commander for him to either drop supplies, or make sure he doesn't give away your position.

Aim for AA.
    Don't camp looking at flags all the time, most people will spawn and head for a vehicle. Try to locate an active Anti-Air site, and use that as a target, but remember to keep moving.

Use claymores wisely.
    Put them around a corner or where they can do double duty, with 1 claymore protecting you from 2 or more angles.

Shoot to kill.
    Don't shoot at people when they are in a mob, with medics around, or where you can't kill them. If you miss, go prone and hide, because they will be looking.

Hide low.
    No cranes allowed. Stay low and in the obvious places, if you miss, the enemy will probably scan the high perches. If you are low, they may expose themselves and give you another kill.

CQB sniping.
    If you have to take out a target at close range, stay low. Take 2 or 3 shots at them with the pistol, then finish them off with the main rifle. However, make sure it's a hit, if it isn't they may see the smoke and shoot you down.

Moving.
    Move with your pistol out. It is less noticeable, and still allows protection in case you encounter an enemy.

General rule.
    You don't have to kill everyone. If a target approaches near to your position and you can't make the shot, don't try to.

Grenades.
    Try to throw grenades at a target when they aren't looking, while this may seem obvious, it can easily prevent your detection.

Ladders.
    Don't put the claymore at the edge of the ladder. Many experienced players can scan above the ladder before they finish the climb. Instead, put it away from the ladder in a position facing a direction the enemy may head towards.

Protect artillery.
    Easy kills here, when an enemy is placing c4, take them out.

More to come!

Re: Sniper Tips

Everyone has there own style of sniping. Im happy with mine bringing me 30-40 kills each round with the sniper rifle alone.

The best tip ever would be to take advantage of the shading of buildings and the uniform you wear. A perfect example would be Strike at Karkand. You could be prone against a building 20 feet from the action shooting non-stop, and chances are no one will find you (exaduration). Other then that its all reflexes...you may only have .5 secsonds to take a headshot, but with the fast reflexes getting headshots like that becomes an easy thing.

And I really dont see why you shouldnt stop moving as a sniper because

1. If youre spotted it shouldnt matter. Take them out before they take you out, if you are skilled enough youll be fine.
    2. If the commander does an arty strike/ supply drop on you, then thats fine. The commander is just an idiot wasting valuable team assets and you are contributing more to your team then just sniping people.

Comment

oooooohh jessica love it

Comment

CQB sniping.
        If you have to take out a target at close range, stay low. Take 2 or 3 shots at them with the pistol, then finish them off with the main rifle. However, make sure it's a hit, if it isn't they may see the smoke and shoot you down.
        Wouldn't agree with this one, rifle first then pistol.

Reason: rifle takes 95% health
        1. They may not have full health so 1 shot anywhere will kill them.
        2. If you take 95% health with 1 shot your team mates might get in there giving you a killl damage assist.
        3. With the pistol you often have to be a lot closer and therefore easier to detect.
        4. The enemy is easier to hit with zoomed sniper rifle when they are not aware you are there, 2 pistol shots will alert them that they are being shot at resulting in bunny hopping, running etc making it harder to hit.

I use rifle, click 3rd mouse button and out comes the pistol in rapid succession. Trust me it's a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza
          Wouldn't agree with this one, rifle first then pistol.

Reason: rifle takes 95% health
          1. They may not have full health so 1 shot anywhere will kill them.
          2. If you take 95% health with 1 shot your team mates might get in there giving you a killl damage assist.
          3. With the pistol you often have to be a lot closer and therefore easier to detect.
          4. The enemy is easier to hit with zoomed sniper rifle when they are not aware you are there, 2 pistol shots will alert them that they are being shot at resulting in bunny hopping, running etc making it harder to hit.

I use rifle, click 3rd mouse button and out comes the pistol in rapid succession. Trust me it's a lot easier
          I wouldnt agree with most of the things on the OP list. But thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaSniper079
            I wouldnt agree with most of the things on the OP list. But thats just me.
            Just read it back and neither do i TBH. Not my style at all.

The sniper class is probably the most talked about, lots of guides etc but as with any other class each game is different and a change of approach is often required.

I've got 200 hours as sniper (yes i know there's lots of people out there with more ) and apart from the rifle/pistol combo there's nothing i could set in stone and pass on!!

Comment

I was playing on Wake yesterday as a U.S. sniper. We had the main airfield but lost it so I decided to jump on top of the Chinese UAV trailer that we had already blown up. For the next 10 minutes...literally...I was sniping plane campers, heli campers, tank campers...anywhere where people would just stand there and wait, I would shoot them..over and over. Someone even came and repaired the UAV trailer but they didn't see me! Even though I am sure they were well aware that a sniper was amongst them, the Chinese commander never put up the UAV over the airfield to find me! I literally ran out of bullets, and almost all of my shots were one shot kills to the head. I had to start using my pistol at the end and the round finally ended without them ever figuring out where I was. I have played tons of hours as a sniper but this was the most fun ever!

Comment

Well, those are *tips.
                With what I told you guys about, I normally can go 30/40 - 0 every round.

And I choose pistol before sniper because:
                1) it allows for a 1 shot kill
                2) if you take a sniper shot and hit, they are going to run away, but who cares about 2 or 3 bars gone?

Comment

Go for the headshot and stay 300m+ away and you dont need the pistol.

Comment

I got a good sniper tip: Don't play sniper.

Comment

Want my tactic? rack you up 60 kills around 10-15 deaths? simple
                      People jump to the ground to get better shots in right? Hello! easy headshot!
                      75% of my kills are from the L96A1 and from about 15M or closer lmao! These idoits with G3's and PKM's have no chance! soon as they hit the ground I already have lined up my shot. Soon as they get a round off, i have shot my headshot. easy kills, If you miss your shot just jump around back and forth to recharge your bolt. Then get them. Remember to Join a large squad of medics. They will medic you. You can take all the kills Just give me a place to go i give anybody a demo. Infantry only servers please.

Comment

Originally posted by Genocide Sniper
                        Want my tactic? rack you up 60 kills around 10-15 deaths? simple
                        People jump to the ground to get better shots in right? Hello! easy headshot!
                        75% of my kills are from the L96A1 and from about 15M or closer lmao! These idoits with G3's and PKM's have no chance! soon as they hit the ground I already have lined up my shot. Soon as they get a round off, i have shot my headshot. easy kills, If you miss your shot just jump around back and forth to recharge your bolt. Then get them. Remember to Join a large squad of medics. They will medic you. You can take all the kills Just give me a place to go i give anybody a demo. Infantry only servers please.
                        Those "idiots" are winning the game for you while you sit your fatass on a hill somewhere taking potshots at the enemy.

Best sniper tip from me: Support your team, stop being a killwhore sniper. If you see the enemy taking a rear flag on Kark, dont stay at the front racking up kills, get your *** back there.

Comment

Originally posted by ulm4lyf
                          I was playing on Wake yesterday as a U.S. sniper. We had the main airfield but lost it so I decided to jump on top of the Chinese UAV trailer that we had already blown up. For the next 10 minutes...literally...I was sniping plane campers, heli campers, tank campers...anywhere where people would just stand there and wait, I would shoot them..over and over. Someone even came and repaired the UAV trailer but they didn't see me! Even though I am sure they were well aware that a sniper was amongst them, the Chinese commander never put up the UAV over the airfield to find me! I literally ran out of bullets, and almost all of my shots were one shot kills to the head. I had to start using my pistol at the end and the round finally ended without them ever figuring out where I was. I have played tons of hours as a sniper but this was the most fun ever!
                          Are you sure you didn't inadvertently glitch into a position where you couldn't be seen?

Comment

No, you can easily jump on top of the UAV without any assistance. Just jump on the pipe looking thing on the side then jump again and then you are on top. I have been shot while up there before.....just not on that round. I don't know of any glitches on Wake at all, although I am sure someone knows of some. My commander could see me just fine. He kept the UAV over the airfield so that I could see any potential attacks coming from the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by stalker2200
                              As me and my friend have been practicing lately, I decided to let all of you snipers, veterans and new players, know a few of the best tactics to use while sniping.

1: Never stop moving.
                              What may seem to be your perfect spot, may be somebody else's.

If you camp, get a roof over your head.
                              If you believe you have found the perfect spot, let it be one with a roof overhead. Commanders will use artillery on you, even if it is just you.

Be in a squad.
                              Not just to provide intel, but so you can communicate with the commander for him to either drop supplies, or make sure he doesn't give away your position.

Aim for AA.
                              Don't camp looking at flags all the time, most people will spawn and head for a vehicle. Try to locate an active Anti-Air site, and use that as a target, but remember to keep moving.

Use claymores wisely.
                              Put them around a corner or where they can do double duty, with 1 claymore protecting you from 2 or more angles.

Shoot to kill.
                              Don't shoot at people when they are in a mob, with medics around, or where you can't kill them. If you miss, go prone and hide, because they will be looking.

Hide low.
                              No cranes allowed. Stay low and in the obvious places, if you miss, the enemy will probably scan the high perches. If you are low, they may expose themselves and give you another kill.

CQB sniping.

Moving.
                              Move with your pistol out. It is less noticeable, and still allows protection in case you encounter an enemy.

General rule.
                              You don't have to kill everyone. If a target approaches near to your position and you can't make the shot, don't try to.

Grenades.
                              Try to throw grenades at a target when they aren't looking, while this may seem obvious, it can easily prevent your detection.

Ladders.
                              Don't put the claymore at the edge of the ladder. Many experienced players can scan above the ladder before they finish the climb. Instead, put it away from the ladder in a position facing a direction the enemy may head towards.

Protect artillery.
                              Easy kills here, when an enemy is placing c4, take them out.

More to come!
                              GREAT tips, thanks, I will use these

Comment

Working...
                              X