In game freeze up then resumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In game freeze up then resumes

Well guys i just spent 15 minutes searching for freezing issues but everybody seems to CTD or completely freeze up. Mine doesnt. I'll be playing with no issues whatsoever when suddenly it will get a little tiny chop here and there and then WHAM...it will freeze with the last sound continuing to play for about 10-15 seconds, then sound quits and within 5 seconds the game will resume normally. It will do it more often the longer i play.

My drivers for my PCI bridge device, raid controller, and SM BUS controller dropped. I went to ASUS to get the new drivers and installed them. I just tried playing now and its still doing the same thing.

I have a AMD 64 3800+
    ASUS AN8-SLI deluxe 939 mobo
    2 gig RAM
    and a GeFOrce 7600 GT

Anybody got any ideas?

Re: In game freeze up then resumes

Same thing here, I know my comp is more than enough to handle this game & I work at an internet Broadband provider sevice company too. My download speed runs at 5.5meg & uploads at 4.6 so i know it's not the connection there.
    I'll be darned if I can figue it out & so far no help on the forms
    I will keep on grinding it out & IF I can fix it I'll make sure to come back to here & post.

Comment

I had exactly the same problem with my 7600gt, but it only happened when overclocking. I was told this happens when there is not enough voltage being supplied to the card. Therefore turn any OC off and if you are still having problems look up "Voltage Mod" or "Pencil Mod" from an overclocking website for help.

Comment

It happens when OCing as said, I can't run without a slight freeze at the start. It's all good though.

Comment

i wouldnt have the slightest clue how to OC my card. Everything is running as i assembled it a while back. Never had the problem before.

Comment

Heat issues? Try opening the case and aiming a fan inside. Make sure all the fans are operating.

Comment

Download RivaTuner, from Guru3d.net and try underclocking your card 100mhz on the core clock and mem clock. See if that makes any difference. If it does, you have some very shady card salesmen. Sue their asses, they aren't allowed to sell pre-OCed stuff without explicit labelling.

The stock speeds for the 7600GT are 540MHz Core Clock and 700MHz RAM Clock. If it's higher, you have a shady dealer (I think this is driver specific though, because new drivers = OC settings reset)

Comment

im havign the same problem, i just got a widescreen, picture is fine, but i am getting some choppiness and a little lag here and there. i have 7800 oc as well. do you think it is a heat issue too.

i can play 2142 on high with no problems at all, but not big on future, try to play the beloved bf2 and have to play the darn thing on low, anybody having this problem?

Comment

i got all my gear from newegg but ill give it a shot

Comment

Wait, the stock speeds are Core: 560Mhz Memory: 700Mhz

Comment

Originally posted by cloaker
                      Wait, the stock speeds are Core: 560Mhz Memory: 700Mhz
                      My bad, I read somewhere that it was 540MHz, I go straight to OCing when reinstalling drivers

The max you can go on stock cooling is 655MHz core and 800MHz RAM (1600MHz DDR).

Comment

Ok, I went in to do a little preventitave maintainance & found tons of dust and a vidio card with the cooler fan locked up. Duh!!! Wonder why it was freezing up. Anyway took the cover off and set a fan on it till I can get to town for new card and it works fine. Prev. maint. is what makes the game go around.
                        Hope this might work for some of you other *please wait to spawn* people

Comment

I get these temporary freezes too and I'm certain that it has nothing to do with my hardware or my Internet connection. It seems to happen frequently as I start to throw a gernade and I don't throw them often. The grenade invariabley ends up at my feet. Also, when I'm in a critical situation I get frozen for about 5 seconds and end up dead. It's almost like someone is playing tricks on me... quite frustrating!

Comment

It is your graphics card 99% of the time. The internet connection is not to blame, because you'll get that retarded text saying "there is a problem with your connection".

Comment

Run through some general optimizations first.

Make sure your pulsing lag isn't due to your setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X