Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GamePad for helos?

Hey guys,

I flew a bit in BF Vietnam, had a blast, kept to the transport choppers and managed quite well with a Logitech WingMan Cordless RumblePad (1st generation -bulkier and less battery life) LINK FOR THE CURIOUS . Anyway, its left analog calibration is off and although I am able to adjust the deadzone with the profiler software, it still eats up batteries real quick and I'm wanting to replace it as I get into BF II. I'd like to pick up the 2nd gen of this same gamepad but only find a few listings for it on the net, rather expensive at $40 and up (I got this one at $20 new), and Logitech doesn't even support it anymore, can't find it listed on their gamepad products page, they've moved onto something that looks like a PS controller "Logitech® Cordless Rumblepad™ 2", very different then the first & second gen of the version I have.

Need: Cordless, two analog & D-Pad, 4 shoulder & 6 right-hand-side buttons, accurate analog sticks with good grip/feel. Don't care about 'rumble'.

I realize that a flight stick would make more sense to most people, especially when thinking of flying the various fighters, but I'm not wanting to do that anyway and like the feel of a gamepad. Having to sit my arm up on a joystick is a bit uncomfortable at my desk and I'd rather spend it on a gamepad I can go on to use for racing titles. Overall I just like the feel for helo use, even if I lose a good deal of precision (unable to circle on a dime nose-down, etc) I think it works quite fine for me.

Looking for recommendations.
    /Thanks, and looks like you guys have a great community here!

peace,

Re: GamePad for helos?

I dont know much about gamepads, but dont worry. They are just as good as joysticks, provided that you have an analogue stick on it. BF2 is more like Ace Combat anyway. Youll do with it just fine. Probably a little better than with a joystick too.

Comment

Meh, I still think joystick suits better...

Comment

Looking for recommendations though guys.
        /Thanks.

peace,

Comment

Working...
        X