Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binding/Mapping voice commands to single keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding/Mapping voice commands to single keys?

Anyway I might be able to map a specific raddo commands (defualt 'Q' key ones) to a single button? What I'm looking to do is fly transport via a gamepad and be able to quickly say things like 'Bail Out' and 'Thanks'. I was able to navigate the function (F#) keys in BattleField Vietnam for radio commands such as these and it worked great, but the popup radio they implemented in BF II makes it impossible to fly and use the radio.

Figuring something 3rd party or editing game files?
    /Thanks.

peace,

Re: Binding/Mapping voice commands to single keys?

You can't use third party stuff to edit as that is against the Rules of Engagement. There is no direct key to re-assign for specific voice commands. There is only the Commo rose which can be put to whatever key you want.

Sorry,

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
      You can't use third party stuff to edit as that is against the Rules of Engagement. There is no direct key to re-assign for specific voice commands. There is only the Commo rose which can be put to whatever key you want.

Sorry,

Simon
      Don't listen to that ROE bs. If you find out do it they would never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario
        Don't listen to that ROE bs. If you find out do it they would never know.
        indeed

Comment

The truth is a three edged sword.

You have mine with BFROE

You have theirs with "don't worry about it"

And you have punkbuster looking at any files you modify.

You just gotta ask yourself.... do you feel lucky?

Comment

Lol Dirty Harry!

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
              The truth is a three edged sword.

You have mine with BFROE

You have theirs with "don't worry about it"

And you have punkbuster looking at any files you modify.

You just gotta ask yourself.... do you feel lucky?
              Now you try it with PB bs, sorry but this again is wrong. PB barely checks files these days, it checks your memory. And simple control edits aren't caught as cheat of course.

Comment

It is possible to bind "spotted" to one key, but I haven't heard about other comm rose commands. maybe if we could find a way to move mouse pointer to (X,Y) on screen - i.e. over "bail out" command - we could do this. Probably other programs should be used to do this, I think...

Comment

The only way I know to do this is using Autohotkey...compile it and PB wont bother you, infact a PB tech was on the AHK forum not so long ago helping a couple of users that had been PB banned accidentally. They had their bans removed, PB are not intrested in AHK despite what others here seem to think.

Also the restriction on macros was recently removed from the EA terms and if the ROE people are still griefing about using them then (IMO) they should quit with the head in the sand attitude and update their rules in line with EAs.

Comment

Whether or not your two references got unbanned, I'm glad you mentioned they were banned in the first place. PB may not care, but depending on exactly what and how you modify things, it just isn't worth it.

Mapping a single radio command to a single button is going to take file modification if it is even possible. I haven't read a guide or hint anywhere regarding anyone being able to do this so far. Now with a joystick, if you mapped the commo rose to a button and then while that was held down, use the joy stick and the primary wep fire key once you balance it on bail out, it will work, but that isn't the one key solution he was talking about.

Comment

Many pilots use single button spotting in their joysticks or somewhere else. Actually it is a must if you ever want to be a good pilot. It's done either by joysticks own software or AHK or any macro software or probably editing configs. I have a simple TV-missile autolaunch script made into controls.con and it works very well. And nobodys going to ban anyone.

Comment

Another thread here posted a how to guide on this request.

I haven't tested it, but trust it is real. No warranty though

Comment

Working...
                        X