Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV missles

what am I doing wrong?
    in vanilla BF2 I have no problem guiding the TV from the helo, Im not a pro at it but I have hit stuff before, but in SF I cant steer that thing to save my life

is there something different about it that I dont know of??

Re: TV missles

I have SF but never shot a TV in it lol. It should be the same just click and shoot but to line people up for a shot in the MI-35 HIND you have to put the target under the gunners view thing on ur HUD.

Comment

The two operate the same.

Some people have lag issues on SF maps due to higher graphics requirements making it so they cannot fly. Perhaps this is affecting your missle control. Check your FPS between vanilla and SF.

Comment

well they sure as hell dont semm to op the same, the SF missle seems 100 times faster and I cant control it

Comment

Because the maps on Special forces are a lot smaller it may seem faster.....being closer and that....but apart from that and lag issues its exactly the same

Comment

Same with Sharqi the TV missles go so fast

Comment

could jsut be 1.41 i found that since it my TV missiels are random, and half the time go straight thru choppers and even tanks

EDIT ::: at the time of psoting i have exactly the same amount of poitns as you gunslinger, the chances of that! lol
              EDIT2 ::: bloody hell! if you post a reply to this we'll have the same amount of posts, lol, spooky

Comment

half the time go straight thru choppers and even tanks
                Aim at the aft section. I know it's difficult to think on it, but from IP to netcode, the chopper you see (that is moving) isn't where you see it. Same for tanks on the move.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                  Aim at the aft section. I know it's difficult to think on it, but from IP to netcode, the chopper you see (that is moving) isn't where you see it. Same for tanks on the move.

i know what you mean, but since 1.41 they seemed much more screwed

pre 1.41 i must have had bout 85-90% hit rate with a TV on choppers

but now i must be bout 50-60%

i'll take it into consideration tonight though thanks

Comment

Whats the "aft" section?

Comment

Don't forget the fog is a lot closer and the maps are a lot smaller, these elements can give the illusion that the missle is acting differently from vBF2.

One notable annoyance to me in SF helicopters is how much lower the TV missle is when on the rail.

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99
                        EDIT ::: at the time of psoting i have exactly the same amount of poitns as you gunslinger, the chances of that! lol
                        yeah but your stats are actually better, your accuracy is real good... since I started getting the nade spam bug my accuracy has dropped 2.5 points, and you got way more kills than me and on top of that you probably got way less hours than me

Comment

Yeah, but logically one would first think the chopper/tank has gone further than the position on the clients screen depending on lag, but then that is not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario
                            Whats the "aft" section?
                            With all firing, the general idea is to lead your target. You fire a little ways in front of it hoping to meet the target when your missle arrives at that point. Well with netcode and disparities in Ping, it is better in BF2 to trail the target. Aft is basically the back. So you trail just behind the enemy with your TV missle aiming for his butt. Many times doing this I have appeared to miss the Helicopter and/or tank (from what I saw with the TV angle) but then I get the kill.

Aim for the butt.

Comment

Well I have not shot a TV in SF since I dont usally go for the chopper otherwise Since the maps are smaller meaning close together (on some maps) maby it is a problem with disstance.

Comment

Working...
                              X