Stuttering gameplay online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering gameplay online

I am running an X2 4200+ in a DFI with a 7800GT 256. Nice card. But why am i getting stuttering online>? Its bloody annoying! I have a mid to high spec PC, so this shouldnt be happening. I have the same settings that i had when i had my last spec which was a socket 754 3700+ CPU.

Re: Stuttering gameplay online

1) have you got a minimum of 5gigs space on your master HDD?
    2) have you cleaned your system with say Spybot S&D and Adaware SE?
    3) have you defragged your drive with a proper defragger like Diskkeeper rather than the builtin one?
    4) have you cleaned your registry with something like Tuneuputilities?
    5) not messed with BIOS settings in mobo to make your system run funny?
    6) got most uptodate graphics card drivers? directx?
    7) your HDD's IDE ribbon is in good condition? your HDD is compatible with your new mobo? your RAM the same? you haven't said if off the shelf or self built and not googled compatibility issues with the components you used.
    8) you are trying to play on server with ping of less than 150? preferably 30-90ping rate

Comment

WOHOOO! Great suggestions (and I love disk keeper)

Another forum dweller has often said that his stuttering cleared up when he updated his sound card drivers to a more current version. Make sure your drivers are all up to date. Leadtek is (or at least was) one of the NVidia using companies that does not use the raw NVidia drivers so you'll have to check Leadteks website for any driver updates there. You didnt' mention your sound card (and yes I know it was a video like stutter) but I highly recommend you doing that as well.

Most of these suggestions are free to do but eat up time. Still.. please give as many of them a shot as possible.

Comment

not sure if i missed itwhile reading ur post, but how much ram do u have and wat settings are u playing at? all high will need about 1.5-2.0gigs of ram

Comment

Fantastic suggestions there. And i think i have the problem sussed. When i had the game last installed, it was on my 250gb Spinpoint Sata II HDD. Now, its on my C: Drive, which is a good deal less spacious. Thanks ssooooooooo much for this. It was uninstalled and reinstalled a while ago, when some friends and I were having a Lan Night at my house. My friend reinstalled the game, and just let it get put onto the default drive!! I cant believe it was this simple! Well, it'll have to wait until i get home (im offshore just now) for me to verify it, but thats the only other thing apart from my system spec, thats changed.

WOOT!"

Oh, and yes,I have the latest WHQL drivers, i am using onboard sound (DFI Module) latest drivers for that,I have my settings @ 1280x1024@(hi refresh), 100% view distance, high textures, and everything else on medium. My system is overclocked, which is a 'Yes' to BIOS fiddling, and i have 1gb (2x512mb) of DDR 500 TeamGroup Xtreem PC4000 BH-5 RAM @250mhz, but wether im running my system @ stock settings or overclocked to 2.75ghz/250mhz FSB , the stuttering is present.
          I do keep to low ping servers, my ribbon cable is brand new, my DX9 is the latest, My system i self built, all components are compatible, i also use Ad-aware, Spy bot blaster, and a multitude of other anti spyware, virus, malware and trojan eliminators. And i also use Tunup utilities. WOW, you are a thorough man! lol.

Thanks more than i can put across in words. This is the ONLY game i play, and i was a bit heartbroken when it started doing this.

I hope i can help some of you this much too.

Comment

There are a couple of other threads regarding overclocking and stuttering. DO a search for OC and stuttering or look in the support section and you will see them. May lend more insight.

Comment

Working...
            X