Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes

hey my BF2 crashes to the desktop after a few minutes of play, funny thing is when i first bought the game and graphics card it worked fine for 2 weeks then i got out of the military this summer and moved back home fired it up played and boom CTD's is it patch 1.41

AMD 64 2x 3200 + 2.0ghz
    1024 ram
    Nvidia 7300 GS 256mb card
    350 watt power supply
    Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Re: Crashes

Either your Powersupply may be going out or it could be overheating.

For the heck of it, do the normal stuff of virus/addware scanning and defragging.

Comment

how would i be over heating,

my card requires 350 watts and thats what i have

my in game temps are

Temp 1 21c

Temp 2 36c

temp 3 19 c

local 37c

remote 43c

HD0 40 C

Temp 1 14c

they jump to 48 sometimes but thats it do you think my power supply is going bad my card needs 350 thats what i have

Comment

Pull up a chair.

Power supplies don't always just break. No no no.. that would be very good but it isn't the case. What they instead do is start to supply 340 watts and less and less. Your needs don't go down so you have a threshold of where the computer will still 'operate' at. When you push that threshold due to the graphics card eating more power (it uses different amounts of power depending on the level of graphics the game is at) there will be a time when the whole outfit says "Screw this" (metaphorically. Don't listen for this statement as you won't actually hear it) and shuts down.

Also, as the computer and the card are using more power due to the graphics again, they will generate more heat. In some cases, when the heat production gets up to a certain level, again the computer flips you the ctd bird.

One thing that can isolate the heating issue is, open up the case and aim a fan into it. Crashes stop? It's heating. Add a fan to your Chassis.

If it is the power supply, they can decline for months. But they do finally get worse and worse till one day they won't work at all. Good news is they are affordable. I just picked up a 500 or 600 (forgot which) for $60.

It could be other things too, but by your limited description, I gave you limited possibilities. If I really thought of a better one, I'd tell you.

Simon

Comment

ok, see when i first bought the game in march when i was in the military it worked great for 3 weeks, the game works great when i visit my dad and play it on his computer, im having problems with BF2142 as well except for with that game it freezes then restarts my entire computer. But when i play it on my dads comp no problems. The most i get is booted for Ping.

His specs are

Pentium D Dual Core 2.8 ghz
          1024 ram
          nvidia 7900 GTX 256 card
          400 Watt Supply
          Sound Blaster (not sure on what just know its a SB)

Mine Are

AMD 64x 2 Dual Core 2.0 ghz
          1024 ram
          nvidia 7300 GS
          350 Watt Supply
          Sound Blaster Audigy

His works mine use to now it doesnt

Comment

If you have a computer hardware store that has a great return policy, then buy the supply, install it and see if it makes a difference. If it does, we're good and you owe me a shrubbery. If not, then you can return it and you still owe me a shrubbery.

Comment

Working...
            X