A New Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Class?

I have been thinking about a new class, a Pilot. Can only drive Air Vehicles such as a Jet or Chopper. When being shot down and ejected from his vehicle, He can be equipped with a basic wepon such as a Pistol or a Knife to defend himself with. Also, He would have a Pilot Uniform with the helmet such as the ones seen Air Vehicles.

When spawned, It can be a Pilot-Only spawn point. A point where all Air Vehicles are parked such as Airfields. A pilot can earn points by transportating others, and getting kills aswell.

What do you think about the Pilot class? Also, Do you have any classes in mind?

Re: A New Class?

Will nevr happen in BF2 that's for sure.

I had a similar idea, to have different class for everyone. You choose what you want to play as when you get an account and you can only play that class. - Pilot, Tanker, Medic, Assault etc...

The people on each team would have to rely on what classes they have on the server at that time. More of a team-based play that would be.

I don't think this could ever happen in games...?

Comment

Everyone would be a pilot and everyone would be too stubborn to commit suicide and spawn with a new kit which they can use to get into other vehicles/play as infantry, essentially making air maps a game between, at most, eight people, with no flags being capped or anything.

Comment

^ Yep.

What I find missing from BF2 is A) Mortars and B) Self-propelled howitzers. Would be fun as hell driving an M109 on Wake Island, that's for sure.

Comment

that is true, it would be crazy fun. you see an m109 coming up the road ppl would clear out quick thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Serpento
            I have been thinking about a new class, a Pilot. Can only drive Air Vehicles such as a Jet or Chopper. When being shot down and ejected from his vehicle, He can be equipped with a basic wepon such as a Pistol or a Knife to defend himself with. Also, He would have a Pilot Uniform with the helmet such as the ones seen Air Vehicles.

When spawned, It can be a Pilot-Only spawn point. A point where all Air Vehicles are parked such as Airfields. A pilot can earn points by transportating others, and getting kills aswell.

What do you think about the Pilot class? Also, Do you have any classes in mind?
            you better off playing a mod that will most likly include that idea,

i doubt bf2 will include any new content

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
              you better off playing a mod that will most likly include that idea,

i doubt bf2 will include any new content
              Maby if this idea cam out before bf2 got reliesd it could have happend.

Comment

Bad idea because it has no practical use.

Comment

I'd say bad idea because 30 of your 32 man team will be a pilot

Comment

Originally posted by d3sc3n7j
                    I'd say bad idea because 30 of your 32 man team will be a pilot
                    ...on Karkand Infantry Only.

Comment

Would be great fun , but never happen i suppose .

Comment

i hate to say it.....wait no i dont, that sounds ridiculous

Comment

That'll never happen in BF2.

And yes, it could be fun. I.E. limit the class size, so there wouldn't be such many pilots around.

Comment

With that, I envision too many pistol-toting pilots queueing up for vehicles/aircraft, and their CPs all being taken over because no one's on the battlefield anymore.

Comment

The kits just need to differentiate from each other a little more, they ARE different and each kit has pro's and con's but the kits should be used as they are labeled. I mean a sniper hopping about tossing claymores around and sniping enemies with the SVD at point blank doesn't seem all that logical for a sniper. I'd say there needs to be some more restrictions and more special ability's for each kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X