Video Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Lag

Dont know if this is correct place to post this thread (sorry if not) . . .

In last few weeks I have been getting terrible video lag. Been playing over a year with no problems until now, same hardware & setup.

I have:
    P4-3.4; 1 GB RAM; GeForce 6600 w latest driver; recently defragged HD; cable modem w pings ~50 in game; 1.41 patch (reinstalled thinking that was problem)

In game video settings Med or High result in same lagging effect.

In Task Mgr - background apps ~200M of ~2400M available (I maintain low overhead)

Anybody else with this recent problem? Any ideas?

Thx in advance

Re: Video Lag

Have same setup(cept I have 1.5 gigs of ram) and I have to run it on low. Nothing wrong with that though, FPS>graphics, and the latter patches made the games requirements higher. For example, I used to run bf2 like you, mostly med/high... Then comes the dreaded 1.2 patch... and all low ;_;

Comment

yeah its funny.....the patches that adversely effect performance......all of em....also too effn huge too

BF2 has really opened my eyes to the asss-suckedness of EA..........i even have an EA tetris game on my phone that sucks....

Comment

Have you scanned for spyware?? In the past i have found spyware to be the cause of a slow down

Comment

Originally posted by Tequi1a
          Dont know if this is correct place to post this thread (sorry if not) . . .

In last few weeks I have been getting terrible video lag. Been playing over a year with no problems until now, same hardware & setup.

I have:
          P4-3.4; 1 GB RAM; GeForce 6600 w latest driver; recently defragged HD; cable modem w pings ~50 in game; 1.41 patch (reinstalled thinking that was problem)

In game video settings Med or High result in same lagging effect.

In Task Mgr - background apps ~200M of ~2400M available (I maintain low overhead)

Anybody else with this recent problem? Any ideas?

Thx in advance

That is probably the problem. Newer doesn't always mean better. Normally the older video drivers work better.

And yeah on top of that, each patch that comes out drops the performance a LOT.

Comment

I upgraded the nvidia driver as troubleshooting effort, previous driver was ~1yr ago.

Seems that the 1.41 patch ran ok for a few weeks . . .

Comment

i think another gig would help you out alot

Comment

You should get more RAM.

Comment

I took the advice and added another 1GB for 2GB total.

Everything is now running back to normal at high settings.

Can I submit my $94 receipt to EA/Dice since their !@#$%^ 1.41 patch made their game otherwise unplayable on my system that met specs on the box?? Yeah right.

Thanks all for the replys. Happy & Safe Holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Serpento
                    You should get more RAM.
                    RAM FTW

Comment

Working...
                    X