Karkand IO = Worst Thing. Ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karkand IO = Worst Thing. Ever.

I usually dont play IO, or city maps at all (Dalian Plant ftw), so when my friend asked me to play some Karkand IO, I was a bit hesitant. I had only done it once before, and did not really like it. But, I thought, what the hell, and joined.

Here are my expierences:
    1) Grenade Spamming: The beginning of this map is hell. You do not need ANY skill at all to get a good score on this map. A bunch of retarded monkeys could dominate this map with some ammo and grenades.

2) Snipers: Dont get me wrong, I am NOT crying about snipers, they are a key part of the game, and I realize that. But how the hell do I attack/defend when I have about 8 L96s looking at me?

3) Lag/Reg issues: Maybe it was just the server, but I was lagging as hell, and often times my L85 wouldnt kill even though I plainly saw 5-6 bullets hit the guy.

4) Many, many other things

Yeah, just wanted to get it out, IO Karkand is GREAT if you want points, but it sucks overall. I had a horrible K, but got some awesome points off of it. I would MUCH rather get low points while having fun this this crap...

Re: Karkand IO = Worst Thing. Ever.

i only like karkand and theres no 24 7 with vehicles i looked,,,,well like 2....with a 500 ping

Comment

Karkand IO is for FPS Cat 'n' Mouse. No place for n00bz !

Teamwork is your answer.

Comment

i play allot of karkand, doesn't mean i like it, i hate it. to many grenade and claymore whores. but I only join just for the points.

Comment

IO started the death of BF2 imo.

Now all I see, is this: 24/7 KARKAND IO FF=OFF

etc.. pretty lame.

Don't get me wrong karkand can be fun, but it's really hard to get a fun round. Between the hackers (which, there are plenty), the hit registration, the grenades at your feet every time you respawn, whole teams of snipers, and just BS situations, it makes for a pretty s***ty experience..

Nothing better than just running along and getting killed with one shot to some POS gun (like a pp-19 or AK-74U etc..), only to find out later from your friend that he was like 200m away STANDING up, and is a private...

Yeah...

Comment

I used to play Karkand alot but I keep'd getting camped by the bloody tanks who were protected by the APC's. So natraly I love IO mode.

Comment

That's all I played for the past week. Join some decent servers with decent people and it can be the best teamwork experience you'll have in an FPS game on a public server, but anything else = bleurgh.

Comment

Have been playing Karkand IO on NewZealand servers with our clan. Damn good fun. You need team work and a bit of organising. We do win a lot and we often go US side and still win.
                If you work as a squad and have a squad leader who knows how to lead a squad then you will all get good points from helping each other and keeping each other alive.
                My best score on this map. I still would rather find a rotating server than play the same map round after round.
                Warlord is another like this.

Comment

You know what I thought after I read the title: Grenades. I wasn't far wrong.

Comment

No FF IO Karkand is the best way to play vBF2 imo. Some servers don't have nade/gaymore spammers and you can have loads of fun. Way better than the usual spawnkilling tankwhores or the overpowered choppers/jets...

Comment

Don't you think it's funny that you lot complain about grenades, then proceed to join an IO Karkand server and just spam them as Support class?

Comment

Originally posted by raidyr
                        I usually dont play IO, or city maps at all (Dalian Plant ftw), so when my friend asked me to play some Karkand IO, I was a bit hesitant. I had only done it once before, and did not really like it. But, I thought, what the hell, and joined.

Here are my expierences:
                        1) Grenade Spamming: The beginning of this map is hell. You do not need ANY skill at all to get a good score on this map. A bunch of retarded monkeys could dominate this map with some ammo and grenades.

2) Snipers: Dont get me wrong, I am NOT crying about snipers, they are a key part of the game, and I realize that. But how the hell do I attack/defend when I have about 8 L96s looking at me?

3) Lag/Reg issues: Maybe it was just the server, but I was lagging as hell, and often times my L85 wouldnt kill even though I plainly saw 5-6 bullets hit the guy.

4) Many, many other things

Yeah, just wanted to get it out, IO Karkand is GREAT if you want points, but it sucks overall. I had a horrible K, but got some awesome points off of it. I would MUCH rather get low points while having fun this this crap...
                        It is good if u wan't the explosive badge, u can just heep some C4 at some people, blow it and you have like 6 C4 kills...noobish but it works

By the way w00t 600th post

Comment

People in this thread are pathetically hilarious. This is why:

"IO Karkand is great fun, theres a lot of teamwork going on, more than in other maps."

Yet they b!tch and whine and cant or wont apply teamwork to take out a tank. A tank goes down, if you want it to go down, period.

Karkand IO FFoff is just an excuse for the easiest legalized statpadding in BF2 history. No need to draw illusions. I can find much better teamwork when my squad is up against a threat that actually is a higher level threat.

Comment

it's the IO definition of teamwork not real team play
                            running in the same direction ala counterstrike =! teamwork

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                              People in this thread are pathetically hilarious. This is why:

"IO Karkand is great fun, theres a lot of teamwork going on, more than in other maps."

Yet they b!tch and whine and cant or wont apply teamwork to take out a tank. A tank goes down, if you want it to go down, period.

Karkand IO FFoff is just an excuse for the easiest legalized statpadding in BF2 history. No need to draw illusions. I can find much better teamwork when my squad is up against a threat that actually is a higher level threat.
                              You say that yet I get a higher SPM on other maps. I play Karkand IO because to me I have most fun and I enjoy it the most. I also play airmaps now and then and some SF. But I end up with more points on other maps so your statement is flawed.

Comment

Working...
                              X