Armor grouping while taking a flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor grouping while taking a flag

I normally don't play a lot with armor. I take it if it's available or I can steel one from the enemy, but I don't wait for them nor queue them. What I have noticed while playing as a sniper is, that almost every time when two or more armors are taking some flag, they both drive straight to the flag and start monitoring surroundings. In my opinion it's the worst kind of tactic to approach and captive a flag. So many times there have been an engineer or spec ops defending the flag and up they go with mine or C4.

When co-operating with some other tank, I usually go a bit further from the flag, so that I can guard the vehicle capturing the flag. By doing this I can eliminate those fellows trying to sneak up from blind direction. I don't get the point, but my team gets the flag.

I few night ago I played Karkand and managed to take 59 kills with a tank. I noticed it being pretty fun and now I'm gonna seriously try that armored fighting.

As I'm pretty noob with the heavy hardware, could you armor experts give some fresh tips. Please do not post obvious things and old stuff, I've seen em and even as I haven't enforced those tricks, I know them and so does >300000 others. Some fresh ideas, please

Re: Armor grouping while taking a flag

Sometimes I play with mine mates and some maps are perfect to work together,
    to go as armor group.

Example we where playing sharqi and one clanmate had stealed the tank of UMSC.

So riding with 1 ACP + 2 tanks is awsome experience against olmost everything.
    where unstoppable against every AT or TOW and mines.

because if we where gonna take a flag olmost every spawnpoint and nasty places where coverd. so no sneaky C4 or enigneer who would stop us.

the only problem where the already laying mines, but every good tank driver know how to avoid those things

Comment

Hi ACE_FIN1972, I'm by far not a big armor expert, since I dislike using a tank. But when I do use it to cap a flag, I usually try to get at least one more engineer in another tank so we can repair eachother if we are hit. Also I don't go in to cap it unless there is a UAV overhead. In my opinion, it's best to have more then one tank, perhaps some infantry or another tank to cap the flag, since the flag will turn neutral faster, preventing enemies from respawning quicker.

Hope this helps and I'm sure there are more tips out there.

Comment

Be a jerk and learn the spawn points of a particular flag.

Thats the ticket to successfully capping a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka

but that is not being a jerk.
          that is just a part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Saluca
            but that is not being a jerk.
            that is just a part of the game.
            It's both.

Comment

It's both and neither

DING! DING! DING! DING!

ok I'm off to work, back on topic.

Comment

It's both.
                Jerk is C4ing the fake carrier door near the Blackhawk on Wake and letting someone have it on an FF-Off server.

Jerk is not memorizing the hotel spawnpoints on Karkand and letting rip every 15 seconds.

Comment

www.secretsofbattlefield.com has good info on how to use armor, amongst other things

Comment

Yeah it helps against respawning enemies but there tend to be those who spot you when you approach the flag and are hiding and waiting for the correct moment. Usually I'll just start shooting on every hiding place even without any enemy spotted. Just for the safe.

One good thing I've noticed is to constantly keep vehicle moving. By doing that you may accidently crush someone trying to sneak in to the rear and also I can find escaping and dodging much faster than starting from the rest.

That UAV is off course the best aid there is.

How about targeting, does it matter much where to aim with a tank. I know SRAW tricks but are they same with a tank cannon?

How about APC cannon, is there some limit how hot can you let it go for fastest recovery? That is one thing I know for sure, you don't want to let it overheat. It takes ages to get back oparational again.

Any advises dodging helos and jets?

Comment

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972
                      Yeah it helps against respawning enemies but there tend to be those who spot you when you approach the flag and are hiding and waiting for the correct moment. Usually I'll just start shooting on every hiding place even without any enemy spotted. Just for the safe.
                      Good policy.

One good thing I've noticed is to constantly keep vehicle moving. By doing that you may accidently crush someone trying to sneak in to the rear and also I can find escaping and dodging much faster than starting from the rest.
                      Good policy.

That UAV is off course the best aid there is.
                      Obvious.

How about targeting, does it matter much where to aim with a tank. I know SRAW tricks but are they same with a tank cannon?
                      Yes. Secrets of Battlefield has diagrams.

How about APC cannon, is there some limit how hot can you let it go for fastest recovery? That is one thing I know for sure, you don't want to let it overheat. It takes ages to get back oparational again.
                      Yes. No diagrams, but the idea is generally the same. Aim for the sweet spot underneath the tank cannon, or if you're in a hurry, hit them in the tracks.

Any advises dodging helos and jets?
                      Helocopters have a blind spot directly underneath them. If you see one divebombing you, the pilot is trying to hit you with missles. Don't back up, or turn. Instead drive right at him. Theres a good chance that he'll only hit you with one or two missles on the butt-end of the tank. Thats enough to survive. Afterwords, just keep underneath him until he flies out far enough out of range to shoot back. Just make sure to hit him the first time, or you'll get TV'ed by his gunner.

If hes diving towards you from the side, or behind you. Do the opposite. Speed is your advantage here. The faster you go, the better your chance is to not get hit by the missles.

Theres nothing you can do about a good Helicopter Gunner however. If somebody is good with a TV-missle, you're essentially boned.

Comment

MY top 5 rules to live by when armor whoring

1. keep your eyes open and never sit still, always be on the move within the flag cap radius

2. never get out of your tank unless you got UAV over you....you dont want to give that puppy up to the enemy

3. if your an engineer and you want to repair your own tank.....first thing you do when you get out is hop up on that bad boy and set an AT mine on top of it, so if the enemy DOES get it, he wont get far

4. go down with the ship, whats the big deal if you got 1 more death when your rackin up kills at the rate of 10 to 1, if that tanks gonna blow....Im goin down with it so me and the tank can respawn together, I used to jump out to save my a$$ but too many times the armor would respawn and just sit there until the enemy would steal it

5. if at all possible, have a squad member whore with you as well in an APC or another tank as an engy also so you can stick together and "heal" each others armor

Comment

i think the main trick is to stay back and have a fellow tank whore nearby to repair each other. its not the best idea to cap flags with any hardware, u have to wait for infantry players and keep the area clean for them.

Comment

Main things are to stay with another vehicle with an engy to heal you.

Stay in an area your team mainly controls with shorter pathways.

Take it slow and inch forward, you need inf to clear opposing inf, you are not Rambo....

Comment

Originally posted by Solodon

Take it slow and inch forward, you need inf to clear opposing inf, you are not Rambo....

oh yes I am............... when Im in armor

Comment

Working...
                              X