Crash when I click multiplayer tab..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash when I click multiplayer tab..

Now I remember this is an easy fix and I did something wrong when adding the files. I had the problem when I did my first small mod a while back and desertfox told me what to do.

But I made a small mod where I changed the F-35B and FAAV's .tweak files, so what I did was extracted the whole objects_client to desktop, got to the .tweak, went to properties, unchecked read-only, did the changes, re-checked read-only, and then I went to the objects_client and went to "add" (winrar) and I added and replaced the new .tweak... then I did the same for objets_server.

When I start up the mod, I hear no menu music, and when I click the multiplayer tab at the top (or any tab) it CTD's.

Now I remember it was a simple fix and I think it was something wrong with my whole process of adding the files..

Anyone know real quick?

Re: Crash when I click multiplayer tab..

For vehicle tweaking you don't need to touch the Object_client.zip file unless you alter the graphics.

How are you launching your mod? Shortcut? If so, then check your desktop shortcut properties. That usually is the reason for the crash if your target line is not correct.

FFOLKES

Comment

Yeah, I have that problem when something's screwy with the shortcut. One reason is that the shortcut is pointing to a non-existing folder (usually a typo) or the slash is in the wrong direction.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, i've tried to copy the bf2 mod folder and start that without modifications (i checked, theyre the exact same size), but still the same problem, the shortcut looks like this: "C:\Program\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/kopia av bf2 +fullscreen 1 and ive tried the backslash the other way too but then it got even worse.

EDIT: ive tried launching it from the community tab too so the shortcut isn't the problem

Comment

Make sure your mod folder doesn't have spaces in it. That can cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by e-Gor
            Make sure your mod folder doesn't have spaces in it. That can cause problems.
            That and If the Name Is To long

Comment

Working...
            X