The Project Reality Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Project Reality Guide.

The Project Reality team and community have created a wiki-guide for both new players and people wishing to get some information on the mod. It will explain to you many important features of the mod, and, as it's a wiki, is allways up to date.

The Project Reality Guide can be found here.

For those of you who are allready avid players of the mod, feel free to add in any items you feel are necessary.

Cheers,
    Eh.

Re: The Project Reality Guide.

can we get this pinned plz?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
      Definitely a good idea .

The guide will hopefully answer many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
        Definitely a good idea .

Yeah, really detailed nice job guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
          Originally posted by Garabaldi
          Definitely a good idea .

I agree, Stickied.

Comment

ooh it's been updated
            *reads

Comment

Yeah, it will be from time to time, as our team add new things.

Comment

id love to see more 'common sense' tactics to be posted on the user guide....

alot of people need to learn how to use the classes properly, and a straight forward section of useful tactics in PR would be very informative for the new player.

also telling them what tactics are NO longer useful ie: noobtubing, SLAM on tanks, bunny hopping, etc.

also maybe a section where you talk about stuff that is looked down upon in the PR community including: prone diving, stealing vehicles, stealing limited kits, not joining a squad, landing helicopters DIRECTLY on enemy CP's, using tanks/apc's inappropriately, reviving people over and over who keep getting shot without killing the threat, etc etc

Comment

anything you want to add go ahead fuzz its a wiki.

Although it would be good to add a 'what not to do' section if this can be done...

Comment

Wow,Very nice guide.Very detailed and alot of helpful info for newbies to PR,Such as me.

Comment

Yeah its great but we got to get it more public like maybe add it on to the BF2-PRm menu so that players that aren't apart of forums will learn.

Comment

Great guide, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead
                          id love to see more 'common sense' tactics to be posted on the user guide....

alot of people need to learn how to use the classes properly, and a straight forward section of useful tactics in PR would be very informative for the new player.

also telling them what tactics are NO longer useful ie: noobtubing, SLAM on tanks, bunny hopping, etc.

also maybe a section where you talk about stuff that is looked down upon in the PR community including: prone diving, stealing vehicles, stealing limited kits, not joining a squad, landing helicopters DIRECTLY on enemy CP's, using tanks/apc's inappropriately, reviving people over and over who keep getting shot without killing the threat, etc etc

The other night I was playing on that one map with the 3 or 4 little birds and the one blackhawk. They made my job on the team to be the person who flew them directly into the park next to the park flag where they could hop out and take it. For me it was touch down and lift right back up and go to the carrier, I was never down in the flag vicinity for more than 2 seconds. No one seemed to complain, and I had a whole squad joining me and dropping off, then quiting to their usual squad. What I think you mean is taking the chopper and taking the cp's with it.

Comment

A little video that explains how features work in v0.5:

- Vehicle kits request
                            - Limited kits request
                            - Rally points
                            - Entry and exit points (tanks, apcs)
                            - Ammo resupply (APC, rally points)
                            - .50 cal ironsights switch

YouTube video #1
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

-----------------------------------------------------------

- AAS2 CP groups
                            - Exiting a moving vehicle
                            - Exiting a burning vehicle
                            - Support vehicles
                            - Heavy AT reload delay
                            - Helicopters start up delay ... (more)

YouTube video #2
                            - AAS2 CP groups- Exiting a moving vehicle- Exiting a burning vehicle- Support vehicles- Heavy AT reload delay- Helicopters start up delay

Comment

First video says that it has been removed. I like the features of the second video, although the helicopter star-up seems a bit excessive.

Comment

Working...
                              X