• Show
Clear All

• A cry for help!

i'll give my specs

P4 3.4gig
    2gig ram
    2x200gig hd
    7900gt using (93.71)

about a month ago i was playin fine, everything on high (apart from dynamic light/shadows) gettin 70-80fps very nice and smooth

then literally the nx day my game just stuttered up w/o warning.
    im gettin 20-25 fps with my normal settings now, drops lower when there is intense action. I tried the game on the lowest Gfx settings and still crap fps 20-25fps. Also tried the game offline in singleplayer and same results crap fps!

Ive tried everything to eradicate the lag, ran anti-spyware/virus programs. Defraggd HD, re-installed BF2 with full patch. Even re-installed windows! ffs and still no help!

ive tried disabling my pagefile like in the other thead but no help. im at a loss to explain it, I get horrible lag in other games too, CounterStrike is just the same.

any help? any suggestions? anyone fancy having a rummage thru my comp, via remote help?

am i doomed to play this forsaken game as justa commander from now on in??!!:cry:

Re: A cry for help!

is your internet connection running fine?

Comment

Defragging and virus/spyware detection are important, but what are you using to do those?

You didn't mention that you had deleted your video cache for BF2. Can you give that a try? Make sure that automatic programs that update themselves or run scans in the background are all disabled while you play too.

Comment

to Scinto - My internet connection is fine, my ping is stable in servers. Also i get max d/l speeds when i am d/ling anything

to |CBW|Simon - i just use the standard defrag in windows, i have AVG 7.5 anti-virus software. I use Spybot search & destroy as well as Adaware anti-spyware.
        i regularly delete my bf2 cache folder, the only thing that automatically updates itself is my AVG 7.5 but thats at 8am in the morning. I have tried playing offline with my Firewall and Antivirus disabled, giving the same results 20-25 fps

Comment

There are better defrag proggys out there but what you did should be more than enough.

The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall your graphics card drivers to see if maybe they got nerfed somehow.

You can try moving the entire BF2 folder out of your my documents and letting BF2 build a new one and see if that one has any better FPS luck. You can always move your controls.con file and other important ones over to the new one if it does so you have most of your old settings.

Comment

which drivers would you recommend? ive been using 93.71 for my 7900gt, is there any better one?

thanx for your help

Comment

I've got the same card. I just used the one right off of Nvidia. I've heard other people have issues with specific drivers vs games vs motherboard and other variables but I've always had good luck with the most recent stuff. I don't do any overclocking and such so other than the flat out regular driver, I'm good.

If you PM me a reminder, I can tell you the exact last version I use when I get home from work.

Comment

Working...
              X