Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAV and Radar disappear...

so..
    in the editor i place the uav and the radar in level editor, and save it. there arent any problems until i close and open up the editor again, because now they are gone..

it seem like as if these two dont get saved or something.
    i know that i place the artilerry in the 'object spawner' thing but i cant do that with the uav and radar.
    so plz tell me whats going on.

oh. and another question- if i place for example the 'mobilerada_us_dest' does it go automatically for the usmc team? or do i have to set it somewhere so it goes to 'team 2' for example..

Re: UAV and Radar disappear...

Originally posted by DXS_leader
    so..
    in the editor i place the uav and the radar in level editor, and save it. there arent any problems until i close and open up the editor again, because now they are gone..

it seem like as if these two dont get saved or something.
    i know that i place the artilerry in the 'object spawner' thing but i cant do that with the uav and radar.
    so plz tell me whats going on.

oh. and another question- if i place for example the 'mobilerada_us_dest' does it go automatically for the usmc team? or do i have to set it somewhere so it goes to 'team 2' for example..
    I don't know how it works in the editor but the changes are in the map's GamePlayObjecs.con files (and StaticObjects.con which loads the resources). Placing a USA object (whether radar or a tank or anything else) probably doesn't automatically make it belong to USA.
    One of the spawning objects at the Reactor Tower in Dalian Plant:
    Code:
    ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 JEP_PARATROOPER
    ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 JEEP_FAAV
    That means that when team 1 owns the CP it will spawn the Chinese light jeep and when team 2 owns it the US FAAV will spawn instead. (In most maps team 2 is USA.)

EDIT: Actually, staticobjects.con only runs when using the editor, not when actually running the game.

Comment

well yes. i understand that. i can spawn vehicles and stationary weapons which do go to team 1 and 2 just how u said. but what i cant do is adding the uav and radar to my map. its not on the list of 'object spawners' its a static object. i figured that these do go automatically to a team since there is a radar and uav for each team..obviusly these cant spawn on the enemy team.

going back to the main problem...it wont save. i place it as a static object, click save and it seems to save but next time i opne the editor these 2 things are totally gone.

this is really getting my angry- i mean, can u imagine a map without uav support, scans, and supply drop?

Comment

Originally posted by DXS_leader
        this is really getting my angry- i mean, can u imagine a map without uav support, scans, and supply drop?
        Yes, it sounds like a good map.

Use this as an example to edit your gameplayobjects.con
        Create a spawner and name it something you will remember. Spawn a tank or other normal vehicle at it and save. Go into bf2/mods/YOURMOD/levels/YOURLEVEL/Editor/Gameplayobjects.con and edit that spawner to corospond with the part in bold. Pull the US radar, mec uav, US uav, etc from other vanilla maps.

Mashtuur 64 MEC Radar:
        Code:
        rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CPNAME_MC_64_hotel_Radar]
        ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CPNAME_MC_64_hotel_Radar
        ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CPNAME_MC_64_hotel_Radar
        [B]ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "GlobalFear"
        ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
        ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
        ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 mobileradar_mech_dest
        ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 360
        ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 360
        ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1[/B]
        Code:
           rem [ObjectSpawner: CPNAME_MC_64_hotel_Radar]
           Object.create CPNAME_MC_64_hotel_Radar
           Object.absolutePosition -245.993/44.928/-1.853
           Object.rotation 0.000/0.000/0.000
           Object.setControlPointId 201
           Object.layer 1

Comment

If you dont want to mess with the text files (although I strongly suggest you get used to reading them and figuring out how they are made), here's how you can place commander assets from the Editor.

Artillery:
          1) Create a new ObjectSpawner of type ME_US_Art.
          2) Go to the Tweaker and select TeamOnVehicle. [You have to click this or the Commander wont be able to use them].
          3) Change the Min/Max spawn delays so they dont reappear right away when you blow them up.

UAV / Radar:
          1) Place an artillery piece exactly as described above
          2) Go in the Tweaker, and depending upon whether this asset belongs to Team1 or Team2, click in the space next to the team and choose either:
          - mobileradar
          - aircontroltower
          Leave the other team's space blank!

Hope this helps!
          1/2

Comment

Working...
          X