Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok a simple yes or no

This is not a piracy tread
    Is there eny LEGAL way to run BF2 with NO CD ...
    I was using my BF SF cd(cuz is garbage) to run the original vanila my BF2 disk is stating to get scratch and i dont want to damage my disk enymore
    if yes how?

Re: Ok a simple yes or no

Click on the 1.4 backup cd fix or the "all" fix....just follow the instructions. It's pretty self explanatory. usually you just put the file into your game directory and it will over write your current executible file (so to back it up i;d just rename it instead of oerwriting it)

Comment

Originally posted by PREDATOR.BR
      This is not a piracy tread
      Is there eny LEGAL way to run BF2 with NO CD ...
      I was using my BF SF cd(cuz is garbage) to run the original vanila my BF2 disk is stating to get scratch and i dont want to damage my disk enymore
      if yes how?
      I dont think it is possible.
      And why/ how does your disk get scratched when you use it?

Comment

As long as you own the original and own a CD key, yes it's legal.

Use a mini-image and daemon tools.

Comment

Mini images are definitely legal.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
            I dont think it is possible.
            And why/ how does your disk get scratched when you use it?
            i have only 2 DVD drivers on my pc and im playing RSVegas, 2142 ,BF2 ,Splinter Cell DA ,NFSC and some others... the CD changing is destroing my disks and i have my disk since the first day of release my disk is F up already... its working ,but i dont wat to stop work.

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

how about PB?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUfan61
              http://www.megagames.com/cracks/html/c916040_1.htm

Click on the 1.4 backup cd fix or the "all" fix....just follow the instructions. It's pretty self explanatory. usually you just put the file into your game directory and it will over write your current executible file (so to back it up i;d just rename it instead of oerwriting it)
              ^ This way is BAD, PB will detect a change in the BF2.exe and either give you an error message or a ban

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

^ This way is GOOD , you can get mini-images from Gamecopyworld.com, ive not had any issues with PB when using a mini-image,

Comment

I still dont understand how your scratching the disk(s) remove from case...put in PC, remove from PC put in case!??!

Comment

Originally posted by d3sc3n7j
                  I still dont understand how your scratching the disk(s) remove from case...put in PC, remove from PC put in case!??!
                  it will get scratched the more often you use it, you might rub the disc on your sleeve when you see some dust on it (that will create very small scratches), but over time they will get progressively worse.

oh and mini images improve the performance a bit, speeds up the loadtimes etc

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    it will get scratched the more often you use it, you might rub the disc on your sleeve when you see some dust on it (that will create very small scratches), but over time they will get progressively worse.

oh and mini images improve the performance a bit, speeds up the loadtimes etc
                    Well I understand minute little scratches...but ones that are going to prevent it from working?

Comment

Well I understand minute little scratches...but ones that are going to prevent it from working?
                      for me it usually happens when my sister comes and takes one of my games, leaving it on the desk image facing up forgetting about it, someone else putting stuff on top and moving it etc etc.. i just find it easier to get an image of it and keep the discs nice and safe

Comment

Fine, how about settling for: "we are sick of hearing the optical drive spin up every time we start our comps"...hows that?

I cannot remember the last disc I had to keep inside my player...

Comment

Any disk spinning at that speed can be seriously scarred by the mechanism in some cases. Some people leave disks lying in a pile and then knock them over. there is no telling what can happen. Hell, every DVD I rent from Blockbuster or Hollywood comes out of the case looking like it went through someones bathroom plumbing. Crap happens in other words.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                          X