Hello all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all.

I've had BF2 for a while now except I've been on 56k so all I have had to play are bots :|: Anyways today I got 9MB cable internet after 6 years of dial-up and I am currently patching the game right now. Just looking for any advice on what to expect etc. Also does anyone know how much internet useage BF2 uses up online? Thanks

Re: Hello all.

hello mate. You can find alot of handy advice on specific topics on this site, just search the forums or post a q in the appropriate forum. PErsonally i dont know how much BF2 uses up in the way of bandwidth, i just know it taxes my machine to the max.

Might wanna prepare yourself a bit for online combat, as its more frenetic, but way more fun. welcome to the suck!

Comment

expect bots but dumber and more noobish. they will bunny hop to dodge bullets, they will wall hack, they will vehicle whore, and they will spawn rape you to hell. Thats BF2 for you

Comment

I just played my first two rounds. The first was on Mashtuur City 32 player with infantry only. That was really fun. Except then we played Wake Island. I must have died about 4 times in a row after I spawned due to bombing runs/ artillery. I don't think I'm going to play that again

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people are moving to Infantry only, simply because all the armour/jet/heli whores bother them. Some people love it with vehicles, some do not. They will probably say "oh your an IO noob, point whore, but if you have more fun with it, then more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AkFuttySeben
            I just played my first two rounds. The first was on Mashtuur City 32 player with infantry only. That was really fun. Except then we played Wake Island. I must have died about 4 times in a row after I spawned due to bombing runs/ artillery. I don't think I'm going to play that again
            get used to it...you haven't lived until you get 15 deaths in a row spawning on the Essex on Wake with the enemy Heli's/Planes/Artillery and APC's in the water raping the bejesus out of ya!!!

You'll find a few maps you like, get good with them and that will build your confidence and experience to start visiting other maps. Dragon Valley is probably the easiest to start with for panes and heli's...well i found anyway....many a moon ago!

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
              expect bots but dumber and more noobish. they will bunny hop to dodge bullets, they will wall hack, they will vehicle whore, and they will spawn rape you to hell. Thats BF2 for you
              :laugh:

Welcome, BF1942 was my reason to finally switch from dial up, and I've never looked back, so you'll have tons of fun just stick at it

Scort.

Comment

BF2 online...super fun! Dealing with the retards...can also be fun! If your easily amused like me!! However I had some real fun playing off line...trying to learn how to fly the jets...take off...ZOOOOOOOM BLAM! take off ZOOOOOOOOM Blam! so much fun...I really suck at flying anything but transport choppers

Comment

Hi and welcome, if you want to see how much bandwith BF2 uses then try this handy free app http://readerror.gmxhome.de/ Its a Netmeter which meters how much net you use. From my own personal experience BF2 is not that greedy.

Comment

Welcome!

Do you have a cap on how much bandwidth you use a month? That sounds like a nice connection you have so I was kinda wondering.

Comment

That's a good connection.

Welcome to BF2-world.

Comment

Chances are you're going to get owned, but don't be discouraged. This game is great once you start getting the hang of it

Comment

Well, I have a 20 GB download cap which is strange because I have 14 GB from 12AM - 12PM and the rest of the day is 7 GB. I get about 10 latency on the GameArena servers which are one of the biggest selection in Australia and lucky me the server is about 10 KM from me. The patches seem to have plummeted my FPS though so I have to run it on low to keep it possible to play :hmm:

I'm very close to getting my first promotion and I think I'll get either the FN-Scar or the .50 Sniper Rifle.

Also I think I have got the hang of slamming down prone when I see somebody as much as I hate doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by AkFuttySeben
                            I've been on 56k so all I have had to play are bots :|: Anyways today I got 9MB cable internet after 6 years of dial-up.
                            Welcome to the internet!

Comment

Nice to see a new guy, hope you enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X