Metal Gear Solid Mod Idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid Mod Idea...

Well, I have an idea, not sure if the BF2 engine can support all of the features. I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid Fan, so here is my idea:

-Instead of MEC vs. USA, etc, there should only be 2 military groups - Foxhound and, well, the "Badguys". Can't think of a name for 'em... To make it easy, the 3rd existing group (Chinese) would just be a copy of the Badguys team
    -Make the American forces into Foxhound, with the Spec Ops soldier being Snake himself! Preferrably in his MGS 3 camo...
    -The End from MGS 3 could be the sniper class for the Badguys!
    -I'm not sure how the game registers a spotting of an enemy, but when an enemy first spots you, a "!" should pop up over his head (the ! could just replace his name for 3 secs), along with the trademark sound effect!
    -Revolver Ocelot should be the Spec Ops class for the Badguys, using a revolver instead of a pistol...
    -For the assault/engineer/medic classes, the soldiers should look like the soldiers/guards in MGS (models from Counterstrike would work!!)
    -Another idea for the Badguy team is instead making them Revolver Ocelot's team, using his soldiers from MGS 3... easier, no? Of course, Ocelot would have to be the young version for it to be accurate!

The only problems I can see is the whole exclamation point thing and modeling unique characters like Solid Snake and Ocelot (as well as his revolver). It should be way harder for enemies to spot you when lying prone or when you're in the shadows (indoor maps anyone??). Stealth should play a bigger role, but the gameplay mechanics should probably stay the same. Maybe when crouching you should turn into a cardboard box? Who knows! It would also be nice if the in-game map was changed into a blue box like in MGS, along with the blue cones, etc. Maybe exchange knives with fists? More animation would be needed though.... If someone wants to start this little (heh) project up, then great!!!

At the very least, it would be nice if someone made a Solid Snake model to replace the USA Spec Ops guy!

So... any comments/suggestions?!? (sorry this was so lengthy!)

Re: Metal Gear Solid Mod Idea...

Hehe , great ideas man, im a huge fan of the MGS series...Ocelots Soldiers were the GRU btw..hope this idea works out

Comment

Working...
    X