Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't re-install BF2

Hi,

I tried to uninstall BF2 from add/remove progs but the installshield started and then dissapeared. I also tried from the startbar but it did the same thing.

I then deleted the folders manually including my docs. I looked in the registry and BF2 wasnt in the tree.

At a later stage I tried to re-install it but it now does the same thing. The installshield starts and then the loading bar starts and finishes but then dissapears.

I have done a windows repair and windows updates and I have the latest directX.

Any ideas? I have no problems with BF2142.

AMD 3800+
    7600 GS
    2GB Ram
    WinXP

Re: Can't re-install BF2

do a manual install which u can find on ea support side at http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p_sid=QmHuacpi
    n find 4 bf2...good luck!

Comment

Thanks for your advice but it still doesnt work. :/

I followed the instruction completely but the installshield still bombs...

Comment

There are threads here involving complete manual un-installs. Go through them and verfiy you have all the necessary files removed. Then check your CD disc to make sure it is not heavily scratched or dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
          There are threads here involving complete manual un-installs. Go through them and verfiy you have all the necessary files removed. Then check your CD disc to make sure it is not heavily scratched or dirty.
          what do you do if the cd is heavily scratched or dirty?

Comment

Contact EA, pay a small fee and get a replacement CD.

Use that one to do a lil dance. make a lil luv. and get down tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X