dvd drive wont read cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd drive wont read cd

hi all,ive been having problems with my bf2 disk,my dvd drive was finding it hard reading the disk,and i had to insert the disk several times to get the dvd drive to read it,once the dvd drive read the cd and revved up,then each time i started bf after that it read it first time,its only if i turn computer off and restart,then the dvd drive wont read it,but once it reads it,and i turn game off,and start game,it reads it no problem,the dvd drive reads other disks no problem,just seems to be the bf2 disks,its really frying my head,now it wont read the disks at all,ive been sitting the last 4 hours inserting and ejecting the disk and nothing,do i need a no cd exe or something?can any1 help?head of melt

Re: dvd drive wont read cd

Which will allow the game to run, but probably get you kicked from PB enabled servers. This,

is a much better option.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
      u can use a no dvd patch from here

backup your orignal bf2.exe files though
      dont know how to back them up,and my cd burner dont work either

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN}
      Which will allow the game to run, but probably get you kicked from PB enabled servers. This,

is a much better option.
      dont want anything thats goona mess up me game or get me kicked from servers

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN}

is a much better option.
      tried this with alchol,but if dvd drive wont read disk i cant copy it

Comment

Try cleaning the DVD drive. There are disk cleaners for drives like that. Make sure the BF2 disk is clean and free of fingerprints and serious scratches. Think about replacing the drive possibly if this doesn't work.

Comment

i've got the same advice as simon, good DVD/CD drives go from 100-200 bucks..

Comment

yeah,im thinking of buying new one,but whats frustraiting is it reads other disks fine,except the battlefield disks,and if the dvd reads it eventually 1 time,it plays it no problem each time after that unless i turn the computer off,new dvd drive it will have to be,cheers anyway folks

Comment

the person that suggested using a no dvd patch should learn about things 1st. No dvd patches alter the .exe files to bypass the cd/dvd protection which is useless for online games as thats one of the 1st things that Punkbuster will pick up on.

their comment has also been removed.

Comment

Working...
              X