Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling VOIP Voice Activation.

Found it today and wanted to share with you guys
    Go to ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001 (or other if you have more than one account) and open Audio.con file with Notepad.

Find line "AudioSettings.setVoipUsePushToTalk 1" and change 1 to 0 so it will look like "AudioSettings.setVoipUsePushToTalk 0". Make sure, that you have ingame VOIP enabled! (AudioSettings.setVoipEnabled 1). Save.
    Thats it! now you don't have to push teh button to speak, it activates with your voice.

However, be sure you tune "Voice Threshold" option in Sound Options in game, because default 10% might be too sensitive and mic may "catch" background sounds.

have fun

Re: Enabling VOIP Voice Activation.

Nice post thanku!

Comment

Originally posted by leroy(nl)
      Nice post thanku!
      leroy... are you leroy rocks??? ... haah... then i am arthur ramkisoen... i might know u... i dont know 4 sure

Comment

Cool, good post

Comment

Thanks. If you like it, give it some stars.

I'll add something else. Don't rely on "Microphone Test" in Audio settings, because it sucks :P.
          To set optimal threshold level, you must do it in VOIP enabled game and after creating/joining squad test your mic. Everything will be ok when this green speaker icon show up when you speak.

Comment

Man this is really great stuff. This will be put to good use. 5 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by arthuro12
              leroy... are you leroy rocks??? ... haah... then i am arthur ramkisoen... i might know u... i dont know 4 sure
              Idkdude. As you can see i use the same name on bf2. Lemme now. Ltr

Comment

Why the hell didn't they make this an option in the first place?

Comment

Thanks for the info...

Comment

Working...
                  X