Heat Hinderance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Hinderance

I realised today that my computer doesnt have a case fan!

So I stuck in a temperature sensor and it maxed out at 105 F (40C)

Is this a normal temperature or should I really look at buying some fans?

I think my Graphics card isnt suffering as it has one of those fan setups which shoots the hot air straight out the PC. The card seems to max out at about 65 C

I am going to buy a fan anyway. Im just suprised that Acer would leave out such an obvious and cheap item from my PC bundle

Re: Heat Hinderance

do yourself a favor: buy yourself 2 high power fans. 105 degrees farenheit? Holy crap dude, grab some frozen beef pattys because your gonna be havin a barbecue tonight! in other words, that is a VERY dangerous temperature to have a gaming computer running at.

Comment

Originally posted by Davexiii90
      105 degrees farenheit? ...that is a VERY dangerous temperature to have a gaming computer running at.
      Don't be silly. 40C is rather low, actually... so no issue there.

A graphics card (or the GPU) at 65C is considerable, however. My card reaches about 52C while playing a very graphical-demanding game, such as CoD2. I don't notice a decrease in performance, fortunately... but I would recommend a fan (as you say you're going to get one).

Comment

LOL how long did it take for you to realise you didnt have any case fans?

Its always better to have some case fans some taking air in and one chucking it out. at the end of the day itll cost you about £4, if it helps your comp keep cool and last longer id do it!

And 40c is not a dangerous temp my 3500 does it all the time. but my E6600 never hits 35c.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. S.A.S
          LOL how long did it take for you to realize you didn't have any case fans?
          The silence probably gave it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. S.A.S
            LOL how long did it take for you to realise you didnt have any case fans?
            4 months....:hmm:

Thanks for the replys guys

Comment

Working...
            X